Senior Manager, Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
As Senior Manager, Technical Accounting & Financial Reporting, you will be responsible for overseeing the consolidation and internal and external financial reporting processes and providing guidance on all of Relativity’s technical accounting matters. The Senior Manager, Technical Accounting & Financial Reporting will lead in the development of a strong accounting and reporting function by building out the team. The Senior Manager, Technical Accounting & Financial Reporting works under general direction of the Controller, CFO and other senior team members.
- Research, evaluate and document technical accounting matters, conclusions and reporting implications of complex and non-standard transactions, as well as general corporate accounting matters
- Develop and maintain comprehensive set of accounting white papers and policies
- Serve as a technical accounting expert to support other members of the Finance team regarding accounting and financial reporting issues; respond to technical accounting inquiries and explain technical accounting matters and concepts to all levels within the company
- Oversee and review accounting for technically complex areas as part of the accounting close process to ensure compliance with US GAAP
- Assess the impact of new and updated accounting standards and recommend appropriate accounting treatment
- Stay on top of new accounting standards that impact the business and ensure that accounting policies are consistently applied
- Oversee and drive the implementation of new accounting standards and partner with other members of the Finance team to operationalize changes in accounting policies
- Work closely with external auditors on timely resolution of technical accounting matters
- Manage the internal and external monthly, quarterly and annual consolidation and financial reporting process
- Partner with other teams, specifically FP&A, to ensure cost allocations are appropriately and consistently reflected in internal management reporting
- Prepare and review disclosures for quarterly and annual financial statements
- Manage and review the preparation of ad hoc management reporting
- Work closely with other members of the Finance team to facilitate the annual/quarterly US GAAP audit and annual international statutory audits with external auditors
- Build and manage the technical accounting and financial reporting team
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and financial reporting requirements
- Proficient in researching accounting and financial reporting topics
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work efficiently to meet deadlines
- Ability to develop strong relationships across functional areas and communicate complex subject matters effectively
- Comfortable and confident navigating through new and complex matters and arriving at recommendations and conclusions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Public company experience and SEC reporting principles and regulations strongly preferred
- Licensed CPA preferred
- Detail-oriented and works well in a fast-paced environment
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 8+ years of experience working in general corporate or public accounting (mix of both preferred)