Advanced Software Engineer (SQL PaaS) 21-0042
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
The SQL PaaS Team
Our SQL PaaS team is building a SQL Platform as a Service (PaaS) unique to Relativity based on SQL Server and Azure cloud technologies. We are building a proprietary high-availability replication and database movement technology. The SQL PaaS is responsible for orchestration, provisioning, scale, configuration, and monitoring of data hosted in the platform. The technology is deployed globally in multiple Azure regions and hosts hundreds of terabytes of data and hundreds of thousands of SQL Databases.
Here you will have the opportunity to solve significant complex scalability, availability and performance challenges while learning new cloud development best practices using technologies like Azure, .NET core, Serverless Compute, Chef, PowerShell, and Jenkins. If being part of a team building out a PaaS sounds interesting to you, we would love to hear from you!
- Implementing tools and technologies to provision and configure an enterprise software system in public utility clouds with a focus on increasing efficiency and elasticity of deployed compute without sacrificing quality
- Ability to contribute throughout all phases of a service lifecycle from conception through design, development, deployment and ultimately operation
- A commitment to monitoring and observability
- Identify, document, automate, and engineer processes for repeated tasks.
- Oversee the application environment to effectively run and maintain the technology and determine the advisement of potential technology or process improvements.
- Strategize, plan, prioritize, schedule and partner in the execution of infrastructure provisioning and configuration while focusing on maintaining or improving security, data integrity, programming logic integrity, and administration.
- Manage the packaging and deployment of our infrastructure product and our deployment/upgrade processes.
- Seek and recommend improvements to current processes and technologies used
- Participate in code reviews for projects written by your team
- Participate in design reviews for new and existing services and platforms
- Influence the use of industry leading development platforms and process
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar technical degree, or work equivalent experience
- 4+ years of professional software development experience on commercial-grade systems and applications with a proven track record of building and shipping successful software
- Experience designing and developing highly scalable solutions in a cloud platform (Azure, AWS, Google) Azure experience is a plus
- Experience developing systems and applications, or related experience
- Experience in .NET software development using C# and Microsoft SQL Server, or related technologies
- Experience working in highly automated test environments
- Strong knowledge of Agile software development methodologies (SCRUM) is a plus