Lawyer - Data Protection and Commercial Transactions (remote)
Are you looking for a hybrid or remote work opportunity? Are you interested in a workplace that allows for flexibility in your day? Are you ready for a workplace that provides benefits that suit your needs?
Relativity is seeking an EMEA-based data protection/privacy and transactional lawyer with 4-6 years of experience. Reporting to the Senior Director, Legal, this position will also work closely with the Senior Counsel, Employment and Privacy with the following responsibilities.
- Advising business teams and participating in cutting edge initiatives relating to data protection/privacy issues; address relevant data protection/transfer/processing issues.
- Negotiating commercial transactions with our clients, including with regard to EMEA-based clients, as part of the Commercial Transactions team.
- Work with our privacy and compliance teams to provide advice and insight on compliance matters relating to products, implementation, and data; support workflows to enable compliance with applicable laws, including EU laws.
- This critical, global and impactful role frequently involves highly-visible activities within Relativity and requires a true partner to the business.
- Acting as Relativity thought leader on the topic of data protection and privacy; willingness to speak at Relativity and other events.
- Law firm and in-house experience preferred
- Experienced commercial contracts lawyer
- Strong knowledge of APAC and EMEA privacy laws
- Experience working within a global structure and reporting into the US would be a distinct advantage
- Licensed to practice law in Poland
- 6+ years of relevant technology transaction experience, with a focus on drafting and negotiating complex technology transactions
- 3 + years of EU data privacy experience
- Substantial experience in SaaS, cloud computing, and on-premise licensing
- Knowledge of applicable EU law, including relating to cross-border transactions
- Outstanding drafting skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional judgment and proactive problem solver with a willingness to roll up your sleeves and get into the details
Relativity is a team of passionate people always looking to grow and make our product and customer service the best it can be. Our team members come from diverse backgrounds with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they’re empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
So, please come as you are. We can’t wait to meet you.
Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
Parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
Flexible work arrangements
Two, week-long company breaks per year
Unlimited time off
Training investment program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.