Advanced Software Engineer – Patents
Are you looking to be in a workplace where colleagues inspire one another? Are you interested in competitive and impactful benefits? Do you prefer flexible work arrangements?
As an Advanced Software Engineer on Relativity Patents, you will leverage your software development skills to design and build out our cloud-based patent search and analytics platform.
The team is made up of a small group of experienced Relativity engineers who operate like a small startup within Relativity and are tasked with building an adjacent product and business with the goal of becoming a key driver in the growth of Relativity.
- Develop automated testing pipelines to train and validate search models and approaches
- Stays current with the latest machine learning/text analysis approaches to refine and improve search results
- Update Relativity’s document viewer technology with patient-specific features
- Develop methods to index and search millions of technical figures and drawings
- Make high-impact contributions to the software development team to ship high quality, performant, secure software that operates on data at a massive scale
- Obsessive focus on quality through comprehensive unit and integration testing and static analysis as well as rigorous test strategy development
- Engage in pair programming to improve software quality and completeness and disseminate design and implementation knowledge
- Respond to production defects
- Passionate about automation and self-service
- Effectively communicate complex technical topics to both technical and non-technical audience
- Experience designing and implementing high performant streaming data platforms in a cloud environment, preferably Azure
- Previous experience with .Net framework, C# programming or another object-oriented programing language
- Experience with machine learning methods such as LSI, SVM, and emerging methods
- Experience with web viewer technologies, preferably OutsideIn
- Experience with image comparison and search technologies
- Experience and knowledge of tools such as Chef, Jenkins, Jira, Postgres, Solr, Elastic
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration
- Strong knowledge of Agile software development methodologies (SCRUM)
- 3+ years of professional software development experience on commercial-grade systems and applications with a proven track record of building and shipping successful software
- 3+years writing software that tests software in an automated fashion, leveraging NUnit
Relativity is a diverse workplace with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they're empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
Parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
Flexible work arrangements
Two, week-long company breaks per year
Unlimited time off
Long-term incentive program
Training investment program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.