Director, Software Engineering 20-0440
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
The Director, Software Engineering is the leader among leaders for the Data Transfer engineering vertical. They role model passion, accountability and creativity while leading an inclusive and diverse engineering organization in solving big data challenges.
The Data Transfer team builds the products and technologies for moving data into and out of Relativity: we build the products for migrating on-premise customers to our cloud product; we acquire data that exists outside of the Relativity ecosystem for our clients by hooking into third party sources of structured and unstructured data; and we build the APIs and services that enable importing and exporting across all of Relativity’s workflows. We live and thrive in an ecosystem of petabytes of data.
Build High Performing Teams
- Champion inclusion and diversity
- Lead the leaders of productive, accountable, and passionate engineering teams that thrive on solving complex problems for our clients
- Identify and recruit world-class talent
Provide Clarity from Ambiguity
- Partner with your peer in Product Management in the creation of a vision for winning
- Translate business objectives into strategy and communicate it clearly to your teams
- Become an expert in the Data Transfer domain
- Innovate and create solutions for advancing
- Own the execution of your teams over the next 6+ months
- Reinforce a culture of agile development and continuous delivery
- Lead the development of a secure, performant and scalable architecture
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science or related disciplines
- 10+ years of experience managing software product development teams
- 10+ years of software development of commercial-grade systems and applications with a proven track record of building and leading successful engineering teams
- Experience managing remote teams or individual staff in remote locations is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of the software engineering discipline, including fault-tolerant, high-performance, cloud-native systems in a big data world
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration
- A leader among leaders who can motivate, instill accountability and achieve results
- Ability to perform under the pressure and optimize the team's resources to attain the business goals
- In depth knowledge of agile product development methodologies
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communications skills for technical and non-technical audiences