Lead Software Engineer - DevOps
Are you looking for a hybrid or remote work opportunity? Are you interested in a workplace that allows for flexibility in your day? Are you ready for a workplace that provides benefits that suit your needs?
We need to continue improving our software, introduce new features to customers faster, reach new customers at a global level, and scale our platform to provide seamless customer onboarding. We have already started down this journey with the introduction of our cloud-based product, Relativity One. How do we continue to guide this transformation and implement with success? DevOps at Relativity.
We are looking for experienced lead engineers to focus on DevOps principles and use new technologies, striving to bring excellence to our team atmosphere. Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and help shape the future of the practice of law and beyond. This role will report into the Manager of Software Engineering.
As a Lead Software Engineer in Engineering System, you will use Agile and DevOps practices to design, build, and maintain the services and tools used by the Product Development department:
· Virtual machine management – C#.NET, Powershell, Chef, and Azure Cloud
· Container management – GO, Docker, Kubernetes, and Harness
· Developer workflow with test-driven development focus
· CI/CD workflow – Azure DevOps and Jenkins
Your Role in Action
- Work with management to set and communicate team goals and vision; ensure the team stays focused and achieves their goals, adapt to changing requirements
- Contribute to system software architecture development by using data-driven analysis while working with Staff, Advisory and Principal Engineers
- Lead the implementation of software using the practical application of algorithms, defensive programming and exception handling, fault tolerance, design patterns, and best practices of Object-Oriented Design (OOD) and Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) such as SOLID
- Test and lead the test of software with traceability back to requirements emphasizing the practice of Test-driven Design and the use of autonomous frameworks and Continuous Integration
- Follow and improve Agile software development (Scrum) to improve engineering efficiency
- Mentor junior team members
- Exemplify core values
- Experience architecting complex systems and applications, or related experience
- Experience in strategy planning collaborating across multiple departments
- Decompose larger problems into software development work as self-contained, minimally inter-dependent tasks for team members to implement
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork to facilitate collaboration among team members
- Experience in .NET software development using C# and Microsoft SQL Server, or related technologies
- Experience managing containers and Kubernetes clusters
- Experience with Chef ecosystem
- 8+ years of professional software development experience on commercial-grade systems and applications with experience with building and shipping successful software
- Experience designing and developinghighly scalable solutions in a cloud platform (Azure, AWS, Google). Azure experience
Relativity is currently at a stage where we are looking for builders, not just operators. We have the capability to grow the business dramatically over the next 5-10 years and we need individuals to join our team to collectively propel us forward. We have a workplace where everyone can belong and we invest in our people so career progression inside or outside Relativity can be a reality. If this sounds like a place where you would like to be, we look forward to welcoming you.
Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
Parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
Flexible work arrangements
Two, week-long company breaks per year
Unlimited time off
Training investment program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.