Lead Software Engineer - DevOps
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
Now, we need to continue to raise the bar: introduce new features to customers faster, reach new customers at a global level, and scale our platform to provide seamless customer on-boarding. We have already started down this journey with the introduction of our cloud-based product, Relativity One. How do we continue to drive this transformation and execute with success? DevOps at Relativity.
We are looking for skilled lead engineers to focus on DevOps principles and leverage cutting edge technologies, striving to bring excellence to our team atmosphere. Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond.
As a Lead Software Engineer in Engineering System, you will leverage Agile and DevOps practices to design, build, and maintain the services and tools used by the Product Development department:
· Virtual machine management – C#.NET, Powershell, Chef, and Azure Cloud
· Container management – GO, Docker, Kubernetes, and Harness
· Developer workflow with test-driven development focus
· CI/CD workflow – Azure DevOps and Jenkins
- Work with management to set and communicate team goals and vision aligned to business requirements; ensure the team stays focused and delivers against the goals, adapting to changing business requirements
- Provide input into system software architecture development by using data driven analysis while working with Staff, Advisory and Principal Engineers as required
- Design, implement and lead the implementation of software using the practical application of algorithms, defensive programming and exception handling, fault tolerance, design patterns, and best practices of Object-Oriented Design (OOD) and Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) such as SOLID
- Test and lead the test of software with traceability back to requirements emphasizing the practice of Test-driven Design and the use of autonomous frameworks and Continuous Integration
- Influence the use of industry leading development platforms, best practices, and processes to innovate
- Follow and improve Agile software development processes and practices (Scrum) to improve engineering efficiency
- Mentor junior team members
- Exemplify core values
- Experience architecting complex systems and applications, or related experience
- Experience in strategy planning collaborating across multiple departments
- Ability to decompose larger problems into software development work as self-contained, minimally inter-dependent tasks for team members to implement
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork to facilitate collaborative problem solving among team members
- Experience in .NET software development using C# and Microsoft SQL Server, or related technologies
- Experience in managing containers and Kubernetes clusters
- Experience with Chef ecosystem
- 8+ years of professional software development experience on commercial-grade systems and applications with a proven track record of building and shipping successful software
- Experience designing and developing highly scalable solutions in a cloud platform (Azure, AWS, Google). Azure experience is a plus