Manager, Software Engineering - Server - 20-0098
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
The Manager, Software Engineering is responsible for building and leading a highly effective team of software engineers, and working with departmental contacts to support the demands of the department and meet the objectives of the product development process. The engineering manager is responsible for the professional development of their reports and is the subject matter expert for the product features they are involved in.
Focus On Product Delivery
- Contributes to the product roadmap and uses it to bring purpose to the team and their backlog
- Has effective ability to scope and drive features and products, delivering updates
- Deliver results, within time and scope, and brings visibility through regular reporting
- Accountability behind the features and products they own
- Develop deep software product knowledge within their team’s area of ownership
Promotes Personal Development
- The Manager, Software Engineering is responsible for the professional development of their team under them and is the subject matter expert for the product features they are involved in
- He or she will work collaboratively with their team to identify and develop the talents of each individual team member
Aligns Goals With Strategy
- Serve as technology advisor to the business on all aspects of software technology trends and novel solutions specific to their respective domain or feature set
- Stay on the top of the latest technological progress and use this knowledge to ensure company products and software solutions remain marketable and competitive
- Be a subject matter expert in your area of our product
- Use long term strategic thinking to guide and develop your team to help them meet overall product goals
- Exercises a significant latitude in determining objectives and approaches to critical assignments
- Be innovative. Think outside the box the when crafting solutions and considering impact
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science or related disciplines
- 4+ years of experience managing software product development teams
- 10+ years of software development of commercial-grade systems and applications with a proven track record of building and leading successful engineering teams
- Experience managing remote teams or individual staff in remote locations is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering discipline, including the latest programming languages, object-oriented programming, hands-on architecture high-performance, fault-tolerant distributed systems, data structures and algorithms, operating systems, distributed database modeling and access languages, cloud environments such as SaaS
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration
- Strong Leadership skills, ability to perform under the pressure and optimize the team's resources to attain the business goals
- Ability to motivate people, instill accountability and achieve results
- In depth knowledge of agile product development methodologies
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written communications skills for technical and non-technical audiences