Lead Software Engineer
Are you looking for a hybrid or remote work opportunity? Are you interested in a workplace that allows for flexibility in your day? Are you ready for a workplace that provides benefits that suit your needs?
The Lead Software Engineer develops software and leads a team to apply software engineering best practices to deliver high quality, maintainable, reusable, reliable, performant, and scalable software.
You will serve as a technical liaison between your team and other internal and external development teams to identify and resolve dependencies, to identify, improve, and apply software engineering best practices and processes, and to identify and mitigate risks to the on-time delivery of software.
Our team owns the Case Strategy product. Case Strategy is a suite of applications which empowers case teams to construct winning cases by quickly and easily defining, validating, and presenting their case strategy, while benefitting from a seamless integration into Relativity and all its features. Case Strategy consists of Case Dynamics and Transcripts applications. Case Dynamics assists users in collecting, organizing, and analyzing facts, issues, organizations, people, interview questions and documents. Transcripts application gives users the ability to upload, review, code, and annotate Transcript files in Relativity.
- Lead a software agile team, managing their scrum boards and projects.
- Lead the design of software using abstraction, low coupling, high cohesion, modularization, encapsulation, information hiding, interfaces, and separation of concerns
- Specify, analyze, and estimate non-functional software requirements
- Provide input into system software architecture development and future initiatives by working with Staff, Principal Engineers, and Architects as required
- Lead the implementation of software using the practical application of algorithms, defensive programming, exception handling, fault tolerance, design patterns, and best practices of Object-Oriented Design and Programming such as SOLID
- Enable best practices of Test-Driven Design and the use of autonomous frameworks and Continuous Integration
- Collaborate with management to mentor team members and guide development growth
- At least seven years of experience in software development using C# and Microsoft SQL Server, or related object-oriented programming languages
- Experience leading an agile software team, including mentoring and project leadership
- Experience designing and developing highly scalable solutions in Azure or other cloud platforms
- Experience in CI/CD
- Understanding of DevOps principals
- Experience with Azure DevOps is a plus
Relativity is currently at a stage where we are looking for builders, not just operators. We have the capability to grow the business dramatically over the next 5-10 years and we need individuals to join our team to collectively propel us forward. We have a workplace where everyone can belong and we invest in our people so career progression inside or outside Relativity can be a reality. If this sounds like a place where you would like to be, we look forward to welcoming you.
Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
Parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
Flexible work arrangements
Two, week-long company breaks per year
Unlimited time off
Training investment program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.