Employment Lawyer EMEA (Remote)
Are you looking to be in a workplace where colleagues inspire one another? Are you interested in competitive and impactful benefits? Do you prefer flexible work arrangements?
Relativity is seeking an EMEA-based employment lawyer with 2-5 years’ experience. Reporting to the Senior Counsel, Employment, this position will provide pragmatic advice and counsel to management, the HR team, and the business on wide-ranging employment law issues across EMEA and APAC. You will serve as a key legal advisor to internal stakeholders, be expected to take a lead role on employment-related issues across EMEA and APAC, serving as a key legal advisor to internal stakeholders and supporting the growing employment law and compliance needs of Relativity in EMEA and APAC.
Your Role in Action
- Support workforce operations in Poland
- Provide practical and actionable advice on employment law issues across EMEA and APAC, including hiring, recruiting, reorganizations, employee relations, performance management, terminations, leaves of absence, works council, diversity and inclusion initiatives, compensation and benefits, and other employment-related matters.
- Partner with the Senior Counsel, Employment to develop and implement scalable employment processes, policies, trainings, and business strategies across EMEA and APAC.
- Manage employment-related compliance policies and processes in EMEA and APAC and proactively ensure compliance with laws and regulations.
- Develop and deliver employment-related trainings and updates for the HR team and the business.
- Review and facilitate any necessary updates to EMEA and APAC employment policies in coordination with HR, including but not limited to employee handbooks, bonus plans, and compensation guidelines.
- Review and facilitate any necessary updates to EMEA and APAC employment agreements, restrictive covenant agreements, separation/exit agreements, and contractor agreements.
- In close coordination with the Senior Counsel, Employment, manage employment-related disputes in EMEA and APAC, including overseeing outside counsel and managing budget.
- Advise HR and, in some circumstances, take the lead role on employment-related internal investigations in EMEA and APAC.
- Maintain working knowledge of Relativity’s Long-Term Incentive (LTI) Program, and partner with the HR team on LTI issues that arise in EMEA and APAC.
- Support M&A activities involving employment matters, including overseeing employment-related diligence, assisting with employment and severance arrangements and assisting with on-boarding and integration, as needed.
- 2-5 years of relevant legal experience as a practicing solicitor/attorney, preferably handing employment matters in a fast paced in-house or law firm environment.
- Expertise in employment counseling and litigation, with a strong understanding of Polish employment laws; expertise with employment laws in the United Kingdom and Germany desired. in the United Kingdom, Germany, and/or Poland.
- Familiarity with data privacy laws and practices and their interaction with employment matters.
- Ability to communicate with multinational teams operating in multiple time zones effectively.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Ability and willingness to work under time-sensitive deadlines and be productive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently, while being a collaborative member of a larger team.
- Minimum 2 years of legal experience as a practicing solicitor/attorney
- Licensed to practice law in Poland
Relativity is a diverse workplace with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they're empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
Parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
Flexible work arrangements
Two, week-long company breaks per year
Unlimited time off
Long-term incentive program
Training investment program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.