Software Engineer - File PaaS
Are you looking for a hybrid or remote work opportunity? Are you interested in a workplace that allows for flexibility in your day? Are you ready for a workplace that provides benefits that suit your needs?
The File PaaS:
The File PaaS is an essential portion of Cloud Engineering, providing Relativity with all of its storage needs. It abstracts away infrastructure management and provides operations with mechanisms by which underlying storage infrastructure is built, operated, vended, and consumed. As a Software Engineer, you will play a role of a team member in the File PaaS, driving its overall interests in optimizing infrastructure for efficiency, reliability, and the satisfaction of all of Relativity's storage requirements.
The File Asset Storage Team (FAST):
Within the Cloud Engineering Vertical, the File Asset Storage Team (FAST) owns all unstructured data storage needs for the Relativity application. The FAST team manages the internal storage servers upon which all of the Relativity relies. Our key challenge: how do we simplify and improve the management of petabyte-scale cloud storage to the delight of our customers and developers?
We are looking to build the next generation of infrastructure. Join us as we leverage cloud-native technologies to respond to the scale of Relativity's increasing growth and to the idiosyncratic nature of massive-scale storage.
Your Role in Action
- Solve complex storage problems and implement their solutions using cloud-native patterns and services
- Adopt and exercise best practices in developing and delivering software, including test-driven and trunk-based development, as well as continuous integration and deployment
- Contribute to the product through our development workflow
- Assess customer requests and troubleshoot incidents when on-call
- Improve the operational state of the software, striving for observability, reliability, and availability
- Identify opportunities for improvement across the stack and promote their solutions
- Align the offerings with platform expectations and contracts
- Document our service architecture through well-written design narratives and architectural decision records
- Maintain a high bar for code and architectural quality
- Experience developing with C#, Or .NET Core
- Experience with software engineering best practices: unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, and excellent debugging
- 2+ years of software development of commercial-grade systems and applications
- Experience working in an Agile development environment (using Scrum, Kanban)
Relativity is currently at a stage where we are looking for builders, not just operators. We have the capability to grow the business dramatically over the next 5-10 years and we need individuals to join our team to collectively propel us forward. We have a workplace where everyone can belong and we invest in our people so career progression inside or outside Relativity can be a reality. If this sounds like a place where you would like to be, we look forward to welcoming you.
Comprehensive health plan
Flexible work arrangements
Two, week-long company breaks per year
Unlimited time off
Training investment program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.