Lead API Technical Writer
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
A Lead API Technical Writer writes accurate, engaging, user-focused developer documentation for the Relativity Platform and its APIs, while adhering to Relativity’s technical writing and quality standards. They also build deep customer empathy, identify opportunities to enable and support developers’ use of our products, collaborate with product managers, engineers and other subject matter experts, and work within a team of technical documentation professionals. Lead API Technical Writers at Relativity operate under limited direction of senior managers.
- Produce accurate, engaging, user-focused developer documentation.
- Adhere to Relativity styles, guidelines, policies, and procedures for content; maintain and improving the style guide and glossary as well as technical writing standards and guidelines for developer documentation.
- Identify, define and implement new or enhanced content types, templates and technical writing standards.
- Perform quantitative analysis of customer value and customer behaviors to identify and implement new or improved content.
- Mentor, advise and assist other technical writers in the research, design, and production of developer-focused product documentation.
- Establish relationships, communicate and collaborate with other teams such as Product Management, Engineering, Support, and other Subject Matter Experts to plan, research, create, validate and revise developer documentation. Identify new opportunities and establish relationships with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) outside of your areas of expertise to gather and validate information
- Recognize and anticipate how client needs evolve over time and effectively incorporate new and emerging signals into existing models. Mentor and guide others on techniques and best practices to improve data proficiency and integration of customer-focused data-driven insights into product decisions. Analyze data with a critical lens to recognize and leverage insights based on groupings, distributions and outliers.
- Independently develop solution hypotheses to solve high complexity problems that improve Relativity’s market position, and mentor others use on understanding of agile product design methodologies to test hypotheses. In collaboration with leadership, use understanding of business model design and patterns to develop hypotheses to solve low-to-medium complexity business model problems. Identify product innovation that can create new lines of business.
- Identify problems proactively and independently minimize the impact and, when possible, address problems before they impact operations. Demonstrate proactive, clear, and consistent communication with stakeholders on the status of problems and mitigations. Consider the broader impact on the business, customers and the team when implementing solutions. Independently perform root cause analysis and present the results of your analysis to stakeholders.
- Understand most of the typical and atypical use cases of Relativity products for common developer workflows in Relativity products. Identify the appropriate location, format, structure and content for documentation supporting those use cases, as well as proposing new approaches for content that supports those use cases. Mentor Learning and Skilled team members in developing their product knowledge as it applies to their areas of expertise.
- Resolve most issues that occur within our tools and technology and begin to proactively identify and resolve those issues independently. Mentor team members still learning existing tools and look for ways to actively improve adoption and efficiency for more established users to complete tasks relevant to producing technical content. Identify opportunities to augment existing tools relevant to product documentation, with clear point of views on benefits and justifications, using data to support your findings.
- Manage or contribute to ad-hoc projects as agreed with documentation team leaders.
- As workload permits, assist in addressing backlog and technical debt projects for the product documentation team.
- 6+ years writing complex product documentation for web-based software.
- 5+ years writing API documentation.
- 1+ year coding/programming experience.
- Experience using API documentation tools (examples include SandCastle, DocFX, Swagger, docBox, apiDoc) to produce and publish API documentation
- Experience with source control tools (examples include Git, Microsoft TFS)
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize based on company and team
- Advanced technical writing, content production, and technical editing skills
- Experience working in a technology organization that utilized agile development methodologies, with frequent product releases
- Advanced communication and teamwork skills
- Experience integrating user stories, use cases and functional data into user documentation and examples
- Intermediate knowledge of MadCap Flare
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with evolving project requirements and priorities
- Ability to juggle multiple concurrent projects of various sizes and topics
- Attention to detail with a creative eye
- Ability to efficiently and thoroughly address feedback on published content from both customers and Relativity employees
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure, own projects to completion and meet deadlines.
- Advanced HTML, CSS, and XML knowledge
- Customer focus and empathy
- Able to work effectively in a collaborative, remote team environment
- Exposure to documentation publishing software such as MadCap, RoboHelp, Wiki-based, markdown, DocFx)
- 5+ years Writing complex product documentation for web-based software.
- 3+ years writing API Documentation.
- 4 Year / Bachelors Degree in Technical Communications, or a related field, or equivalent experience in producing technical product documentation.