Senior Systems Engineer (Remote)
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
The main objectives of this role are to:
- Maintain desired SLA and SLO metrics for uptime or throughput to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Provide level 1 and level 2 tier support to shared services and tenant components
- Monitor, maintain, and manage the RelativityOne SaaS environment and supporting infrastructure
- Execute and troubleshoot change requests
- Develop and maintain automation processes to improve inefficiencies and simplify complex problems
- Act as L2 or L3 escalation resource for our customer facing Support Teams.
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer facing incidents, service requests, and information requests while maintaining desired SLA or SLO metrics.
- Provide operational support for internal, external, production, regression, and test environments.
- Acknowledge, respond, and resolve monitoring incidents to proactively and reactive resolve RelativityOne incidents.
- Document, maintain, and update our Standard Operating Procedures.
- Work to provide process and operational improvements for repetitive tasks through writing automation or scripts.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of system availability.
- Maintain security, backup, and disaster recovery/business continuity strategies.
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems.
- Identify areas of possible improvements in processes and operation procedures, bring solution ideas and work toward implementation
- Maintain an attitude of commitment through outward display of willingness.
- Practice positive interactions - lean on encouragement in place of judgment.
- Impress responsibility on others by displaying ownership in tasks.
- Act in the interest of the overall team.
- Understand the needs of our customers.
In addition to the above responsibilities, the Systems Engineer is expected to display professionalism in the following ways:
- Strong knowledge of SQL Server
- Strong problem-solving skills, independent thinking
- Strong knowledge of Powershell, Python, or other automation and scripting languages.
- Knowledge with Dockers/Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Windows Systems Administration
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration
- Ability to contribute to a motivating environment that instills accountability
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience troubleshooting software and cloud or SaaS technologies
- Experience with No-SQL solutions is a plus
- Experience or certifications for ITIL processes is a plus
- 3+ years supporting and maintaining SaaS environments that host commercial-grade systems and applications.