Manager, People Data Science 21-0588
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
The People Data Science (PDS) team is key to the success of a Talent First organization. The team acts as strategic consultants, engineers and operators within the business, using its expertise in data engineering, data science, business intelligence and workforce planning to drive insights and automation in a fast-paced and technologically driven environment.
The Manager, People Data Science will lead, grow and develop the team responsible for driving talent insights, supporting workflow automation across HR operations, synthesizing workforce planning data, and conducting meaningful people research to frame people decisions throughout the organization. The Manager will co-create the people data science vision and operational strategy that will include data-driven business intelligence for HR and business stakeholders, workforce planning insights and data management, enabling HR workflow automation and conducting primary and secondary research projects.
The manager and team will architect, build/buy, connect and operate the network of front/back-end data tools that comprise the platform for delivering the team’s technical and analytical output to talent analytics consumers to drive business insights and automation.
The Manager, People Data Science will partner with FP&A, IT, other HR functions and data science teams across the organization to execute planning, insights delivery and evolve Relativity’s data science capabilities.
- Manage technically savvy team focused on various operating areas: workforce planning, business intelligence, automation and research.
- Lead and drive the creation and delivery of an internal data product that leverages automated data workflows and direct data entry information to support strategic workforce planning and forecasting, and other HR and business processes interdependent on the workforce data.
- Drive the design, generation and publication of talent dashboards, recurring visualizations and executive/Board level strategy decks
- Oversee regular deployment and synthesis of engagement and various other people surveys across HR
- Enable scale and optimization of HR processes by conducting automation projects across the department’s operations.
- Conduct primary and secondary research projects and statistical analyses to identify organizational metrics that can be linked to actionable business solutions.
- 5yrs experience specific to data science, people analytics, or other decision sciences
- Strong people leader, coach and teacher of emerging practices in data science and people analytics
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment and adjust to changing priorities
- Superior data storytelling and visualization skills to help frame business decisions with information outputs that lead to actionable solutions.
- Working knowledge of the following (or similar combination of) data platforms: Culture Amp, Workday, Tableau, Azure,
- Can easily maneuver from big picture to detail and back…quickly
- Anticipates questions, thinks ahead, plans for contingencies. Finds alternative/practical solutions when ideal solutions are not possible.
- Has superb communication skills and the ability to frame problems and solutions quickly and concisely for a variety of audiences (e.g. junior employees, senior employees, engineers).
- Is resourceful and can multi-task and adapt to changing priorities to meet demands.
- Experience creating, deploying and maintaining internal data products/services for business stakeholders.
- Experience with various statistical analysis techniques, workforce planning orientated data sets and visualization tools.
- Ability to operate and optimize the use of APIs across data platforms and sources
- Strong customer orientation with consultative skills
- 3yrs relevant experience in people analytics or data science
- Demonstrated experience with data science relevant programming languages (e.g. Python, SQL, R, Scala, etc.)