Product Designer - Text IQ (Remote)
Are you looking to be in a workplace where colleagues inspire one another? Are you interested in competitive and impactful benefits? Do you prefer flexible work arrangements?
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
We are seeking a Product Designer to help drive great design across Relativity. Initial projects will include improving the document review coding experience used by hundreds of thousands of customers, and a notification system allowing administrators to work confidently, knowing they’ll be given a heads up when jobs complete.
In collaboration with Product Managers, Engineers, Researchers, and Data Scientists, you will help identify and analyze user needs and pain points, develop innovative solutions that address these needs while meeting business objectives, leverage the latest in AI and machine learning, and employ your design skills to define, build, and validate outstanding user experiences. Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond.
This position report to the Manager of Product Design.
Your Role in Action
- Partner with Product and Engineering to drive the vision of our core product area, impacting the work of hundreds of thousands of Relativity customers.
- Own the execution of Design Thinking techniques to uncover and meet user needs and business goals.
- Own the iteration process, evolving and presenting ideas that explore the widest possible range of possibilities.
- Lead user and stakeholder research to develop a deep understanding of our clients and users, as well as their current behaviors and expectations.
- Create mockups and interactive prototypes to communicate your designs to both internal and external stakeholders, and help vet and prioritize solutions in highly iterative and collaborative processes.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to provide them with detailed designs and requirements and assist in their implementation and validation via Agile methodologies.
- Participate in the internal development of our design system, Aero, lead the front in defining our standards for visualizations, as well as evangelize and help coordinate its adoption across our company.
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
- 3 – 5+ years of experience as a product designer, UX designer, interaction designer, multimedia designer, or similar.
- Demonstrate a portfolio of work with a proven track record for solving difficult UX and visualization design problems with intuitive and highly interactive interfaces for customers.
- Experience working on the design and usability efforts for a leading B2B SaaS/cloud product presence.
- Experience in the field of document and/or content management.
- Experience in an agile environment.
- Experience closely collaborating with product and engineering teams.
- Proven experience using user research to develop and inform the UI.
- Familiarity with technical aspects of UX across desktop and mobile (iOS, Android) platforms.
- Familiarity with Figma and Adobe Creative Suite. Sketch, InVision, Marvel or other similar UI design and prototyping software experience a plus.
Relativity is a diverse workplace with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they're empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
Parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
Flexible work arrangements
Two, week-long company breaks per year
Unlimited time off
Long-term incentive program
Training investment program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.