Senior Product Manager - AI Platform (Remote)
Are you looking to be in a workplace where colleagues inspire one another? Are you interested in competitive and impactful benefits? Do you prefer flexible work arrangements?
About AI at Relativity
In the past two years, billions of documents have already benefited from the insights of Relativity AI – and we are just getting started on our journey to use AI to improve each user experience, product, matter, and investigation at Relativity. We are focused on helping our users discover the truth more quickly, and act on data with confidence.
· We are focused on algorithm excellence, to provide the most robust and trusted experience possible.
· We are creating a world class toolset to solve complex challenges quickly and iteratively.
· AI leveraged everywhere, all stages of discovery to better manage cases and optimize product operations.
As a team, we believe in exploration, experimentation, and bringing your curiosity to work every day. We know that you can’t innovate without experimentation — and a little failure happens on the path to invention. We use the latest and greatest to ensure we are the best. We strive to experiment, ship, and learn every day.
About Product Management for AI
Valuable insights can’t happen without great data and a deep empathy for the product experience of our users. Our AI Services Product Management team ensures that the breadth of Relativity data is used to solve meaningful customer challenges across the RelativityOne platform using cutting edge AI/ML technology. We work hard to explain the WHY behind what we build while remaining deeply involved in the HOW, and we do this across two separate areas: (1) “AI Capabilities” sprint teams deliver new AI models and AI-powered solutions to internal groups to leverage as they ship products to end-users; (2) “AI Platform” teams deliver the “AI factory” infrastructure and tooling that Capability teams rely on to power their innovation.
About the Senior Product Manager of AI Services Role
The Product Management team is looking for a Senior Product Manager to oversee our AI Platform teams whose collaborative nature and effective communication skills complement experience with AI/ML platforms, especially experience building out data processing technologies (e.g. spark/Hadoop), data lakes, and ML Ops practices. You will be responsible for driving the strategy of our platform build out and partnering with teams in the business to drive usage of the platform. Your success will be a product of how you enable other teams deliver on key business objectives while you oversee priorities around cost, performance, efficiency, and more.
With petabytes of unmined legal data available and top AI talent, we have an unmatched industry opportunity to create AI solutions that power the pursuit of justice globally. You will lead the charge.
Your Role in Action:
- Act as Product Owner over an AI Platform sprint team
- Drive clarity in the strategy of what we’re building – Why this and not that? Why now and not later?
- Own the requirements of what we’re building – How should we factor in cost, performance, and extensibility into platform components?
- Inspire on the value that this roadmap will bring to users and our business – How does this work drive our overall AI strategy and help our users more effectively achieve our mission: “organize data, discover the truth, and act on it”?
- Manage a small team of product owners, whose separate sprint team overseas our enterprise data lake. Together, iteratively define and deliver a world-class data lake that powers industry-defining AI/ML solutions for our customers and internal business units
- Deeply understand the various internal teams who could benefit from our AI platform technology and consider their needs as a central part of our strategy
- Clearly communicate high-level technical product details to internal/external stakeholders in role-specific levels of detail
- Collect, organize, and prioritize product requests and challenges from internal teams, providing compelling and concise business cases to justify and explain product work
- Partner with Engineering to define and execute against quarterly team-level OKRs that align to both our business strategy and local priorities
- Translate high-level projects (e.g. quarterly “Key Results”) into low-level stories with requirements for improving the AI Services platform
- Inspire teams by bringing a deep sense of empathy for the challenges of internal groups and a familiarity with their workflows and needs
- Discover and explore business data sources and emerging AI technologies to drive innovation across the product line
- 4+ years experience in product management
- Multi-year experience in Platform Product Management, especially AI Platforms– Your past experience working with big data platforms will ensure that we are leveraging best practices and lessons learned as we build out a world-class AI/ML practice
- Strong people leadership – Your team will look to you for guidance as we make decisions on new technology and develop new processes for working together as an AI Services team. Your ability to coach Product Managers, solidify working norms, and drive strong decision making will be essential the program’s success.
- Significant experience with AI/ML development process– You will be working with highly technical data engineers and data scientists, so your ability to get in the weeds with discussions and issues will be critical to credibility and success. Your ability to model data flows and provide informed opinions to various ML approaches will remove ambiguity from conversations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – In the same afternoon, you might share project information with engineers and then executives, so your ability to speak (or type) clearly at the appropriate level of detail will drive successful conversations.
- Known for team collaboration – Your average day might involve interactions with 4+ different teams across the business, so your skills of active listening, meeting facilitation, and project management will make teams love working with you.
- Strong project manager able to handle multiple projects simultaneously – You will have competing priorities with combinations of ad-hoc and planned deliverables requested by different groups. Your ability to balance priorities, pushing back when needed, will ensure high quality work.
- Proven business acumen – You will be the face of the product’s strategy to your technical teams, so your ability to connect the lines between the team’s work and our business goals will motivate your team and drive success
- Wondering whether or not you qualify – don’t worry, just apply! Diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ways of thinking make our team stronger!
Relativity is a diverse workplace with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they're empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
Parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
Flexible work arrangements
Two, week-long company breaks per year
Unlimited time off
Long-term incentive program
Training investment program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.