Software Engineer Intern - Summer 2022
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
Software Engineer Intern Overview
As a Software Engineer Intern, your primary mission will be to help design, write, test, deploy, and support new implementations for the tools that drive Relativity. You will use your technical expertise to help the team design and write enhancements for the Relativity platform. Your eagerness to learn new technologies and solve complex problems will make you the ideal candidate. Excellent communication skills are critical in this role as you will be expected to raise issues early and clearly document your code additions, test procedures, and project results.
- Learn and use new technologies and popular programming languages to design, build, and test our platform and applications
- Work on scalable and dynamic web system which supports integration with multiple search engines, clustering, technologies, and client component interaction through web services
- Learn how to build highly distributable systems composed of multiple database, processing, and web servers
- Actively participate in the SCRUM process
- Troubleshoot issues
- Current or recent student, pursuing a bachelor's/master's degree in Computer Science, Math or related area of study
- Experience with and a passion for web development
- Desire to work the Agile development methodology
- Effective communicator
- Team player
At Relativity, we provide meaningful work for our interns to gain valuable experience in the following areas
- Writing code in a large code base
- Work closely with a team in an Agile Work Environment
- Enhanced technical skills with a heavy emphasis on testing