Senior Manager, IT Operations System Engineering
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
This is a key leadership role within the IT Infrastructure and Operations organization, and you are responsible for a wide range of solutions that enable all employees to be productive through intuitive and user-centric back office services. We are at the forefront of technology in the software industry, and our business demands the best technology and solutions to continue our rapid growth through highly resilient services with industry leading service levels, powered by amazing technology and modern deployment and management methods. Our back-office tech stack is built on Azure, Palo Alto Networks, Okta, and Microsoft 365, among other best-in-breed solutions. Areas for future growth include expanding our use of Terraform, zero trust technologies, and continuing to migrate our infrastructure from on-premise to the cloud.
You are a leader who embraces, researches, and promotes a modern infrastructure that allows people to perform their roles effectively and securely from anywhere at any time, using the best of secure technology, modern deployment and administration tools, and agile project management methods. The successful candidate will have solid leadership skills and experience growing and developing an infrastructure engineering team, i.e. defining technical standards, incorporating DevOps culture, setting service standards, defining SLAs, etc. This role requires a self-starter with strong technical knowledge, but equally focused on continuous process improvement, optimizing our cloud infrastructure, and customer support.
- Continuously measure, monitor and improve key infrastructure engineering processes and systems. This includes reporting on key metrics and compliance to management.
- Provide leadership around the data we maintain and leverage in our processes. Ensure our data is accurate and usable. This includes items such an accurate software and hardware inventory to ensure compliance reports are generated, reviewed, and approved in a timely manner.
- Rollout process improvements and automation to ensure consistency and reliability.
- Build a world-class infrastructure team that knows how to prioritize work, grow their careers, and provide quality solutions.
- Provide leadership across IT globally to ensure connectedness in our IT operating model.
- Develop and grow the function of infrastructure engineering and IT security for scale, security, quality, and customer centricity.
- Bring your passion for technology to the forefront and define a roadmap that keeps Relativity on the front line of technology changes to ensure we have the most secure, efficient, reliable, and productive infrastructure. Work with internal IT squads and stakeholders to prioritize and execute the roadmap.
- Develop strong relationships with customers and serve as an escalation point for incidents and problems.
- Previous experience working for a rapidly growing organization within the technology industry
- Track record of recruiting and building strong teams, offering career development and seeding the rest of IT and the business with top talent
- Able to analyze an environment and creatively offer new ways to use our people, process and technology in a collaborative and business-like manner – eg designing and presenting ideas to win to executives and IT leaders as well as internal customers
- General desktop support knowledge including hardware, software, networking, virtualization and cloud concepts
- ITIL foundations certification or strong understanding of ITIL Foundations in an enterprise environment
- 3 years of management of at least one IT Team, leading at least 10 reports
- Track record with excellent performance during challenging events, such as COVID-19
- 10 years of experience in IT in roles of increasing responsibility
- Skilled at agile processes and rituals with a strong belief in the methodology and
- Passionate about the productivity of your colleagues and making them successful with tools and technology that enables rather than frustrates them
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to change
- Analytical problem-solving abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of ITIL processe
- Directly accountable for back end system infrastructure design, deployment, and maintenance
- Directly responsible for providing support and mentorship to the Infrastructure engineering, administration, and IT Security teams.
- Responsible for keeping SLAs and KPIs within agreed upon ranges.
- Has insight and lends guidance around the overall IT budget, including software, hardware, professional services, and personnel expenses.
- Manage team’s attendance, on-call rotations, and PTO requests.
- Prepare performance reviews
- Manage the activities of on-site and off-site consultants, as necessary.