Senior Software Engineer - Boardwalk
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
As a Senior Software Engineer on Boardwalk you will leverage your software development skills to design and build out our cloud-based patent search platform, Boardwalk.
The team is made up of a small group of experienced Relativity engineers who operate like a small startup within Relativity and are tasked with building an adjacent product and business with the goal of becoming a key driver in the growth of Relativity.
- Develop automated testing pipelines to train and validate search models and approaches
- Stays current with the latest machine learning/text analysis approaches to refine and improve search results
- Update Relativity’s document viewer technology with patent-specific features
- Develop methods to index and search millions of technical figures and drawings
- Make high-impact contributions and provide technical guidance to a software development team to ship high quality, performant, secure software that operates on data at massive scale
- Obsessive focus on quality through comprehensive unit and integration testing and static analysis as well as rigorous test strategy development
- Improves the software development process by recommending and instituting changes in policies and procedures
- Facilitates pair programming to improve software quality and completeness and disseminate design and implementation knowledge
- Provides technical guidance to team members through education and coaching of best practice object-oriented programming principles
- Interact directly with customers for product feedback and enhancements
- Respond to production defects
- Passionate about automation and self-service
- Effectively communicate complex technical topics to both technical and non-technical audience
- Experience designing and implementing high performant streaming data platforms in a cloud environment, preferably Azure
- Previous experience with .Net framework, C# programming or other object oriented programing language
- Experience with machine learning methods such as LSI, SVM, and emerging methods
- Experience with web viewer technologies, preferably OutsideIn
- Experience with image comparison and search technologies
- Experience and knowledge of tools such as Chef, Jenkins, Jira, Postgres, Solr
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration
- Strong knowledge of Agile software development methodologies (SCRUM)
- 5+ years of professional software development experience on commercial-grade systems and applications with a proven track record of building and shipping successful software
- 5+years writing software that tests software in an automated fashion, leveraging NUnit