Lead Software Engineer Trace
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
Relativity is a flexible and extensible platform built for solving unstructured data problems. This could involve collecting a massive dataset of potentially hundreds of millions of documents and finding what specifically is relevant to the matter at hand.
This role is part of a team building a new application outside of e-discovery on top of the Relativity platform: Relativity Trace. Relativity Trace is used to prevent risk and litigation by proactively identifying potential malicious and illicit behavior.
The team is made up of a small group of experienced Relativity engineers who operate like a small startup within Relativity and are tasked with building something greenfield that could become a key driver in the growth of our product.
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will be responsible for architecting, designing, implementing and testing cloud native, SaaS software while consistently applying best practice software engineering. You will also help lead and mentor other engineers on the Trace team.
- Object-oriented analysis (OOA), object-oriented design (OOD), and object-oriented programming (OOP) applying SOLID principles and design patterns in Java or C++ or C#
- High-impact contributions and technical guidance to an agile software development team that solves complex problems to regularly ship high quality, performant, secure software that operates on data at massive scale
- Maintain and improve a Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery workflows
- Obsessive focus on quality through comprehensive unit and integration testing and static analysis as well as rigorous test strategy development
- Passionate about automation and self-service
- Passionate about performance
- Effectively communicate complex technical topics to both technical and non-technical audience.
- Lead and mentor other Trace engineers
- A Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD) and/or Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- Experience designing and implementing high performant streaming data platforms in a cloud environment, preferably Azure
- Experience and knowledge of tools such as Chef, Jenkins, Jira.
- Experience maintaining and improving Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery workflows
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of Agile software development methodologies (SCRUM)
- Experience leading or mentoring engineers
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related discipline, or advanced degree
- 5+ years of experience designing and coding software with an object oriented language for commercial-grade systems
- 5+years writing software that tests software in an automated fashion, leveraging NUnit