Senior Software Engineer (remote)
Are you looking for a hybrid or remote work opportunity? Are you interested in a workplace that allows for flexibility in your day? Are you ready for a workplace that provides benefits that suit your needs?
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for driving the full software lifecycle of the unstructured storage offering. You will identify and implement optimizations, continuously drive enhancements to its operational state, define and promote best practices, design and plan the future of the service and the offering. You will work with Lead Engineers to continually align the service with the storage platform's vision. You will work on our storage abstraction layer, data plane, as well as the control plane that manages these in order to deliver petabyte-scale, cloud-native storage solutions for Relativity.
Within the Cloud Engineering, the File PaaS Team owns all unstructured data storage needs for the Relativity application. The team manages the internal storage servers upon which all of Relativity relies. We develop and maintain the infrastructure and the control plane that facilitates the provisioning and consumption of file storage space. We develop storage-layer abstractions to increase our platform's data management capabilities, reduce costs, and increase business agility. Our key challenge: how do we simplify and optimize the management of petabyte-scale cloud storage to the delight of our customers and developers?
Your Role in Action
- Lead technical development projects as a Senior member on the team
- Solve complex storage problems and implement their solutions using cloud native patterns and services
- Adopt and exercise best practices in developing and delivering software, including test-driven and trunk-based development, as well as continuous integration and deployment
- Contribute to the product through our development workflow
- Triage customer requests and troubleshoot incidents when on-call
- Continuously improve the operational state of the software, striving for observability, reliability, and availability
- Effectively communicate with team members and stakeholders
- Identify opportunities for improvement across the stack and promote their solutions
- Align the offerings with platform expectations and contracts
- Document current and future service architecture via well-written design narratives and architectural decision records
- Maintain a high bar for code and architectural quality
- 6+ years of software development of commercial-grade systems and applications
- Experience developing with C#, and/or .NET Core
- Experience with software engineering best practices: unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, excellent debugging, troubleshooting skills
- Experience designing and developing highly scalable solutions in a cloud platform (Azure, AWS, Google) Azure experience is a plus
- Experience working in an agile development environment (using Scrum, Kanban, etc)
- Experience running Linux in a production environment
- Experience developing and delivering in a continuous deployment environment
- Experience developing and maintaining RESTful web services
Relativity is a diverse workplace with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they're empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
Comprehensive health plan
Flexible work arrangements
Two, week-long company breaks per year
Unlimited time off
Long-term incentive program
Training investment program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.