Manager, IT Operations
Are you looking for a hybrid or remote work opportunity? Are you ready for a workplace that provides benefits that suit your needs? Do you seek a workplace where you grow and transform your career?
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
The Manager, IT Operations will be responsible for providing Technical, Policy, and Procedural guidance to team members working on the IT Service Desk . The Manager should have intimate knowledge on all support process and procedure. Daily, the Manager is responsible for monitoring the team’s ticket queues, ensuring that tickets are being scrubbed, assigned and resolved in a timely manner. The Manager is responsible for balancing the team’s workload, reassigning tickets as needed due to DTO and scheduled trainings. This Manager should be organized, attentive to details, and meet all department goals and metrics. The Manager, IT Operations informs their Sr. Manager of issues regarding personnel, performance, customer perception, and project status. They work closely with colleagues to ensure consistent, high quality service and may be asked to take on projects to evolve this function. They are also responsible for the professional development of their reports and provide coaching to team members and feedback to other managers.
This role reports to the Senior Manager, IT Operations.
- Oversee team as they provide complex responsive support to customers and complete all daily tasks and projects as requested, on-time, and with attention to detail and quality
- Work closely and collaboratively with resources across different regions to effectively manage the support operation
- Proactively monitor assigned open tickets, contact customers, and update tickets on a timely basis
- Proactively monitor staff availability and make dynamic changes to schedules to continuously meet service level objectives
- Manage toward IT Operation KPI’s
- Follow appropriate policies and procedures for creating, scrubbing, updating, escalating, transitioning, and closing customer incidents and requests; attention to proper detail when coding and documenting tickets is essential for accurate reporting and maintaining historical ticket data
- Provide excellent customer service using the designated communication methods
- Provide direction and apply company policies to broader team(s) or sub-department
- Translate business objectives and determine how to use resources to meet schedules and goals
- Manage issues of diverse and ambiguous scope which require evaluation of a variety of factors and current business trends
- Coach and develop employees to expand upon their technical and Relativity related skill sets
- Develop and administer schedules and performance requirements
- Demonstrate Relativity Management Competencies (Embodies Personal Learning, Builds High-Performing Teams, Aligns Goals with Strategy, Makes Effective Decisions) in daily work, and seeks opportunities to apply and enhance management skills to create sustainable success for Relativity
- Be a source of knowledge for end user workstations, cell phones, policy enforcement, monitoring, and metrics
- Seek, identify, recommend, and document improvements to current processes
- Be an escalation point in troubleshooting environments as problems arise, test fixes, and perform follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved
- Assist in forecasting future IT infrastructure needs by knowing past and current infrastructure demand and knowing how Development teams’ roadmaps will affect infrastructure demand
- Minimal On-call shifts may be required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field, or equivalent experience (see experience requirement)
- 2-4 years of management experience in a technical support environment
- 2-4 years of support leadership experience
- Customer-focused and ability to understand expectations
- Experience with service desk focused metrics and processes
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects with ease
- Experience leading or managing very technical teams
- Experience with ITIL standards and best practices
- ITIL Foundations certification is a plus, but not necessary
Relativity is a diverse workplace with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they're empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
Parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
Flexible work arrangements
Two, week-long company breaks per year
Unlimited time off
Long-term incentive program
Training investment program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.