Systems Engineer 20-0534
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
Our Systems Engineers are responsible for operational monitoring, maintenance and support of our flagship product in the cloud - RelativityOne. The Operations team monitors services, applications and infrastructure to ensure the product and services provided to customers are adhering to agreed upon SLAs between customers and Relativity.
The department is staffed to support the application on a 24x7x365 basis and will support multiple data centers across the globe. The team also serves as an escalation point from the Customer Support team and interfaces directly with engineering teams to: address service interruption issues, diagnose problems, implement changes, upgrade applications, etc.
- Solve incidents reported by monitoring systems and other teams
- Troubleshoot environments as problems arise, apply fixes, and perform follow-ups to ensure incidents have been adequately resolved.
- Identify, document, automate, and engineer processes for repeated tasks.
- Oversee the application environment to effectively run and maintain the technology and determine the advisement of potential technology or process improvements.
- Provide system maintenance according to schedule
- Execute automated workflows for implementing changes
- Seek and recommend improvements to current processes.
- Strong knowledge of Windows Systems Administration / Knowledge of SQL Server is a plus
- Strong problem-solving skills, independent thinking
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration
- Knowledge of Linux System
- Ability to contribute to a motivating environment that instills accountability
- Experience in troubleshooting system and application issues
- Experience with multi-tier applications
- Experience in PowerShell and\or other scripting languages such as python, bash or ruby
- Knowledge of Jenkins/Chef is a plus
- Exposure to Microsoft Azure or similar (e.g. AWS, GCS) is a plus
- Good level of English