Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Are you looking for a hybrid or remote work opportunity? Are you interested in a workplace that allows for flexibility in your day? Are you ready for a workplace that provides benefits that suit your needs?
This position is responsible for leading multiple highly effective infrastructure teams in developing and delivering an environment strategy that transforms how we build out and provision environments at Relativity. We are moving from a monolith to a microservices architecture built on Azure Cloud technologies. As we change, this position will collaborate with leaders and technologists across the organization on using orchestration and automation technologies to create workflows that deliver services according to customer requests. This position is also responsible for the professional development of their reports.
- Create the environment strategy and roadmap to bring purpose to the team and their backlog.
- Has the practical ability to scope and drive features and products, delivering updates.
- Deliver results within time and scope, and bring visibility through regular reporting.
- Maintain accountability behind the features and products they own.
- Develop deep software product knowledge within their area of ownership.
- Display an ownership mindset; be accountable for and beyond the features your team develops.
- Use independent judgment to develop strategic vision within multiple feature sets or domains.
- Implement operational policies and directives.
- Lead a team of software and quality engineers, architects and technical product managers to effectively design and develop software applications and systems per business demands and requirements.
- Validate resource utilization to assure efficient deployment of team members.
- Tackle significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires analysis of intangibles and providing direction on actions to be taken.
- Manage the professional development of their Managers and their teams under them and be the subject matter expert for the product features they are involved in.
- Work collaboratively with Managers and their teams to identify and develop the talents of each individual on their teams.
- Maintain responsibility for building and leading multiple, highly effective teams of software engineers and work with departmental contacts to support the department's demands and meet the objectives of the product development process. Keep your team’s vision aligned with the bigger picture in mind.
- Serve as a technology advisor to the business on all aspects of software technology trends and novel solutions specific to their respective domain or feature set.
- Stay on top of the latest technological progress and use this knowledge to ensure company products and software solutions remain marketable and competitive.
- Use long-term strategic thinking to guide and develop your teams to help them meet overall product goals.
- Exercise a significant latitude in determining objectives and approaches to critical assignments.
- Be innovative. Think beyond when crafting solutions and considering the impact.
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering discipline, including the latest programming languages, object-oriented programming, hands-on architecture high-performance, fault-tolerant distributed systems, data structures and algorithms, operating systems, distributed database modeling, and access languages and cloud environments such as SaaS.
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to perform under pressure and optimize the team's resources to attain business goals.
- Ability to motivate people, instill accountability and achieve results.
- In-depth knowledge of agile product development methodologies.
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences.
Relativity is a diverse workplace with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they're empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
Parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
Flexible work arrangements
Two, week-long company breaks per year
Unlimited time off
Long-term incentive program
Training investment program
Transparency in Coverage Information
The Transparency in Coverage Final Rule requires disclosure of the negotiated rates with in-network providers and the historic allowed amounts paid to out-of-network providers, for all health plans available to employers. Files containing this information for the plans covered are published on this page.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.