Advanced Software Engineer 20-0391
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
As an Advanced Software Engineer, your primary mission will be to design, write, test, deploy, and support new and existing Relativity software products, in a brand new, startup-style Relativity office in Krakow, Poland.
We’re looking for someone who has an interest in developing next-generation technologies and passion for getting things done. Is experienced and leverages that to solve complex problems. Enjoys working with smart people and having fun building something great. The perfect team member is also versatile, displays leadership qualities and is enthusiastic about tackling new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward. Enjoys taking responsibility in a self-managing team and understands and supports principles of Agile, like iterative approach, ability to cope with the constant change, feedback culture where everything is assessed quickly and changed to fit.
If you have the desire to be continually challenged and work where boredom is an anomaly, then join our Krakow team and be part of a successful Agile-oriented company, experiencing rapid growth in the eDiscovery field, that is currently building its new R&D office in Poland!
The Platform Team
The Platform team focuses on API development, user authentication, service and application management, component infrastructure and other core functions related to a large commercial software application being deployed in the cloud. Relativity Platform team also develops core services and extensibility points used by the Relativity developer community. These services are delivered through HTTP APIs and SDKs, which are then used by internal teams, Relativity customers, and ISVs to extend Relativity and create unique products for their customers. Members of the Platform group use modern SD methodologies to release these features, supporting the success of the Relativity product and our developer community.
- Advanced Software Engineer is responsible for delivering results for the Product Development department by:
- Contributing to a Scrum team that solves complex challenges and builds working software
- Producing high quality code in an effective manner
- Troubleshooting issues by fixing defects and responding to client specific problems
- Working on a scalable and dynamic web system which supports integration with multiple search engines, clustering technologies and client component interaction through web services
- Building highly distributable eDiscovery system composed of multiple database, processing, and web servers, that have potential to be used in other industries that require heavy processing on big, unstructured document sets
- After gathering relevant experience you will be asked to handle technical support as a second line of support. If Client Services is working on a ticket and they are not able to solve an urgent issue, they will reach out to the on-call developers to assist and resolve the issue
- Solid software development experience (3 to 6 years)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math or related
- Experience in .NET software development using C# and Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with unit testing, preferably in the TDD mode
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge of other DBMS (e.g. PostgreSQL) will be a plus
- Knowledge and experience in working with Agile development methodology
- Effective communication and teamwork skills