.NET Advanced Software Engineer (remote)
Are you looking for a hybrid or remote work opportunity? Are you interested in a workplace that allows for flexibility in your day? Are you ready for a workplace that provides benefits that suit your needs?
If you're interested in learning more about our benefits, click here.
As an Advanced Software Engineer, your primary mission will be to design, write, test, deploy, and support new and existing Relativity software products, in a brand new, startup-style Relativity office in Krakow, Poland.
We’re looking for someone who has an interest in developing next-generation technologies and passion for getting things done. Is experienced and leverages that to solve complex problems. Enjoys working with smart people and having fun building something great. The perfect team member is also versatile, displays leadership qualities and is enthusiastic about tackling new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward. Enjoys taking responsibility in a self-managing team and understands and supports principles of Agile, like iterative approach, ability to cope with the constant change, feedback culture where everything is assessed quickly and changed to fit.
If you have the desire to be continually challenged and work where boredom is an anomaly, then join our Krakow team and be part of a successful Agile-oriented company, experiencing rapid growth in the eDiscovery field, that is currently building its new R&D office in Poland!
The Platform Team
The Platform team focuses on API development, user authentication, service and application management, component infrastructure and other core functions related to a large commercial software application being deployed in the cloud. Relativity Platform team also develops core services and extensibility points used by the Relativity developer community. These services are delivered through HTTP APIs and SDKs, which are then used by internal teams, Relativity customers, and ISVs to extend Relativity and create unique products for their customers. Members of the Platform group use modern SD methodologies to release these features, supporting the success of the Relativity product and our developer community.
- Advanced Software Engineer is responsible for delivering results for the Product Development department by:
- Contributing to a Scrum team that solves complex challenges and builds working software
- Producing high quality code in an effective manner
- Troubleshooting issues by fixing defects and responding to client specific problems
- Working on a scalable and dynamic web system which supports integration with multiple search engines, clustering technologies and client component interaction through web services
- Building highly distributable eDiscovery system composed of multiple database, processing, and web servers, that have potential to be used in other industries that require heavy processing on big, unstructured document sets
- After gathering relevant experience you will be asked to handle technical support as a second line of support. If Client Services is working on a ticket and they are not able to solve an urgent issue, they will reach out to the on-call developers to assist and resolve the issue
- 4+ years of experience in software development of commercial-grade systems
- Experience in object-oriented programming languages such as C# (preferred), Java or C++
- Sound knowledge of SQL and experience in Microsoft SQL Server
- Good understanding of Cloud Native Patterns and Azure cloud will be a plus
- Experience with ElasticSearch will be a plus
- Experience with CI/CD process and tools (BitBucket, Jenkins, Git) including unit testing, preferably TDD approach
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge and experience in working with Agile frameworks
- Effective communication and teamwork skills
Relativity is currently at a stage where we are looking for builders, not just operators. We have the capability to grow the business dramatically over the next 5-10 years and we need individuals to join our team to collectively propel us forward. We have a workplace where everyone can belong and we invest in our people so career progression inside or outside Relativity can be a reality. If this sounds like a place where you would like to be, we look forward to welcoming you.
Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
Parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
Flexible work arrangements
Two, week-long company breaks per year
Unlimited time off
Training investment program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.