Senior Systems Engineer - Cloud Infrastructure
Are you looking for a hybrid or remote work opportunity? Are you interested in a workplace that allows for flexibility in your day? Are you ready for a workplace that provides benefits that suit your needs?
The role will implement, maintain, and improve the infrastructure used by development teams. The role will provide delivery process automation as well as work with engineering teams to provide them with guidance and prioritization in the infrastructure automation and optimal usage. The role will provide support and tools to development teams.
The Web Hosting Team:
Web Hosting team is responsible for the delivery of a stable platform used for handling content to customers and allowing them to run their extensions to the system. High performance of the solution directly impacts customer experience and is critical for the organization. Team takes care about the whole lifecycle of the solution from the design to sunset. It is responsible for constant monitoring and improvements of the solution as well as preparing the transition to new technologies.
- The Engineer is responsible for delivering results for the Product Development department by:
- Contributing to an Agile team that solves complex challenges and builds working software
- Producing high-quality code fast
- Being a dependable and highly skilled development resource for peers
- The Engineer performs the following functions, in addition to others, in the administration of their position:
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Encourages pair programming to communicate design knowledge throughout the scrum team
- Thinks out loud- talks about design thoughts all the time
- Provide development expertise to team members through education and review
- Always open to new ideas and encourages innovative practices amongst peers
- Works collaboratively with QA professionals to encourage defect prevention over detection
- The Engineer may be required to handle technical support calls after hours at least four times a year. If Client Services is working on a ticket and they are not able to solve an urgent issue, they will reach out to the level I developer to assist to get the issue resolved.
- 5+ years of software development of commercial-grade systems and applications with a proven track record of building and leading successful engineering teams
- Excellent Knowledge of new technology trends and its applications for new products in the marketplace.
- Excellent Knowledge of Azure cloud and operations, Web pages servers and hosting technologies
- Object-oriented programming skills
- Knowledge of scripting languages (esp. Power Shell) and automation tools (Jenkins)
- Experience with Infrastructure as a Code
- Strong Problem-Solving skills
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration
- Strong leadership skills, ability to perform under the pressure and deliver technical solutions
- Good communication
- Full knowledge of and adherence to SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) standards and best practices
- Knowledge of Agile Project Development Methodologies
Relativity is a diverse workplace with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they're empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
Comprehensive health plan
Flexible work arrangements
Two, week-long company breaks per year
Unlimited time off
Long-term incentive program
Training investment program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.