Lead Software Engineer 21-0486
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
The Lead Software Engineer at Relativity develops software and leads a team to apply software engineering best practices to deliver high quality, maintainable, reusable, reliable, performant, and scalable software. They will work with business stakeholders to support the development of products, features and services that drive and evolve our SaaS offering.
You will serve as a technical liaison between your team and other internal and external development teams to identify and resolve dependencies, to identify, improve, and apply software engineering best practices and processes, and to identify and mitigate risks to the on-time delivery of software.
- Lead technical development projects
- Assistance and lead the effort on architecture, design, and development of a performant, scalable, and secure cloud data platform for our core offering of SQL PaaS.
- Make high-impact contributions and provide technical guidance to a software development team to ship high quality software that operates on data at massive scale.
- Lead the design of software using abstraction, low coupling, high cohesion, modularization, encapsulation, information hiding, interfaces, and separation of concerns.
- Specify, analyze, and estimate non-functional software requirements
- Provide input into system software architecture development by working with Staff, Advisory and Principal Engineers.
- Lead the implementation of software using the practical application of algorithms, defensive programming, exception handling, fault tolerance, design patterns, and best practices of Object-Oriented Design and Programming such as SOLID
- Enable best practices of Test-Driven Design and the use of autonomous frameworks and Continuous Integration and Continues Deployment.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar technical degree, or work equivalent experience
- 8+ years of professional software development experience on commercial-grade systems and applications with a proven track record of building and shipping successful software
- Experience designing and developing highly scalable solutions in a cloud platform (Azure, AWS, Google) Azure experience is a plus
- Experience developing systems and applications, or related experience
- Experience in .NET software development using C# and Microsoft SQL Server, or related technologies
- Experience working in highly automated test environments
- Strong knowledge of Agile software development methodologies (SCRUM) is a plus