Senior Manager - Customer Support (remote) 21-0828
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
As a Senior Manager of Customer Support, you will be responsible for overseeing the strategic direction and operations of the RelativityOne support team; the team dedicated to servicing customers of Relativity's SaaS product. You will also work closely with our senior stakeholders, Engineering Operations and Engineering teams. Responsibilities include helping to ensure we’re providing a high level of customer support by monitoring incoming customer tickets and ensuring they’re being addressed appropriately, providing assistance and making recommendations in the software, scaling of the environment, and overall process improvement. The Senior Manager of Customer Support oversees a sub-department, directly or through a management team, and is responsible for the professional development of his direct reports. You will also be expected to report KPIs to other senior stakeholders inside the company and use additional metrics to help with the guidance of the Support Team. The Senior Manager of Customer Support will work closely with the senior stakeholders and US leaders to extend the capabilities in EMEA and will be accountable for the regional success in global support. The person will be reporting directly to EMEA Service Delivery Director and functionally to US structures and will be co-responsible for Support process and procedures.
- Oversee and manage the SaaS customer support team to meeting defined SLAs on response and resolution, achieving outstanding customer satisfaction
- Build and report on KPIs to drive the team’s advancement and improve customer service
- Work closely with Engineering, Engineering Operations (EngOps), and other Business Stakeholders to achieve company objectives
- Manage reporting teams and team members
- Help ensure the team is performing timely and appropriate escalation of critical production incidents which may require client interactions
- Identify patterns with recurring incidents to improve service capabilities
- Lead the development and rollout of an incident and request management practice
- Assist in the development and rollout of other ITIL processes for the support of RelativityOne, including event, problem, and change management practices
- Develop and implement processes and procedures to improve operational efficiency, customer satisfaction, and goal attainment
- Promote a customer focused technical support culture that will go above and beyond to help ensure the best customer experience possible
- Ensure that all processes and procedures are documented and maintained
- Oversee team as they provide support to clients on a 24x7 basis
- Manage the growth of the team including forecasting, budgets, hiring and onboarding
- Provide on-call management support in the Manager on Duty (MOD) rotation, including during major incidents impacting RelativityOne.
- Demonstrate Relativity Management Competencies (Embodies Personal Learning, Builds High-Performing Teams, Aligns Goals with Strategy, Makes Effective Decisions) in daily work, and seeks opportunities to apply and enhance management skills to create sustainable success for Relativity
- Strong people management experience.
- Experience with Relativity is a plus
- Experience supporting a solution in a SaaS environment is a must
- Familiarity with software distribution and patch management of a SaaS product
- Knowledge of support processes and methodologies including the use of KPIs and metrics
- Experience understanding distributed environments, networking, operating system concepts, other technical skills, and relational database concepts or MS SQL Server Technologies
- Help Desk Manager Certification or other industry related certifications
- ITIL certifications are required
- Experience troubleshooting complex technical issues
- Exposure to working in a Pod, Swarming, or Vertical support model
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects with ease
- eDiscovery/eDisclosure knowledge and industry experience is a plus
- Experience working with Salesforce, Jira and ServiceNow is a plus
- At least 5 years managing the support of a software application
- Strong focus on strategical thinking
- Strong understanding of customer urgency
- At least 7 years of direct experience supporting clients as a primary contact or lead
- At least five years effectively leading a team or department