Manager, Software Engineering 21-0593
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
As Software Engineering Manager, your major responsibility is to build and lead a highly effective team of software engineers. As well as the professional development of your reports while being the subject matter expert for the product features the team is involved in.
To achieve the above you will be given space for decision-making aligned with responsibility regarding your team and how you, as a team, work to achieve your objectives. To help you succeed, you will be provided with mentoring and coaching by your supervisor.
- allocate your team members effort based on requests from organizations,
- manage a team of individual contributors to complete necessary work of your Scrum teams,
- hire to your teams and evaluate your team members performance,
- collaborate with team leads and architects to provide the best solutions
- promote high-performance culture and cost-effectiveness across the entire team
- conduct one-on-one meetings to understand how the situation and needs of your team
- promote sharing of domain expertise and knowledge across the team
- provide technical leadership and expertise about the feature set or domain supported by their team
- provide counsel to your direct reports regarding career development
- support you by leading special projects and/or providing input regarding possible process improvements, organization changes, resource needs, etc.
- serve as a technology advisor to the business on all aspects of software technology trends and novel solutions specific to their respective domain or feature set. Stay on top of the latest technological progress and use this knowledge to ensure company products and software solutions remain marketable and competitive
- maintain hands-on technical expertise by making technical contributions to the software design, development, and integration of applications and systems through the Scrum team construct
- use independent judgment to develop strategic vision within their specific feature set or domain
- Implement operational policies and directives
- 8+years of software development of commercial-grade systems and applications with a proven track record of building and leading successful engineering teams