Senior Data Engineer (Tableau) - 20-0612
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
The Senior Data Engineer is passionate about enabling analysts to self-serve in using data to understand our business, build better software, and provide better support to our customers. This role is a key player in Relativity’s evolution as a data-driven business and will spearhead our European efforts. You’ll take on some of the most complex data challenges Relativity faces—consulting with stakeholders across departments and at all levels of the business to understand the issues and questions we’re trying to answer. You’ll build complex data sources (simplifying the complex where possible) and Tableau visualizations that are performant, scalable and easy to use. You’ll be a mentor to less-experienced engineers and a significant influencer of colleagues cross-functionally as you help them architect their systems and processes to produce the right data to answer the right questions.
You are the right fit for this role if....
You Are a Data Driven Culture Ambassador
You live and breathe our “Data Core Values” and model them for fellow Relativians. You make data-based decisions and challenge others to do so. You seize every interaction as an opportunity to inject data education and best practices. You are a key contributor to our education efforts, creating content and hosting training sessions. You enable others by increasing the Tableau skillset and data fluency of Relativity as a whole.
You Have a Strong Vision for How to Build Efficient, Enduring, and Scalable Data Solutions
You are known as a technical thought leader in data solution design, advising on best practice from metrics collection to successful reporting. You rely on a deep understanding of diverse data structures as well as business operations to deliver thoughtfully designed reporting solutions that are transparent, easy to use, and drive data-based decision making. You aren’t satisfied by delivering just what the customer asks for, you strive to deliver what our business needs long term.
You Are Relentlessly Curious
You are fearless when it comes to deep diving into the data to ensure high quality. You’re always wondering how you can make things work effectively and efficiently at scale. You have a healthy respect for the details and a sincere passion for fixing problems at their root.
- Writes complex SQL and Snowflake queries - 10% of Time Spent
- Designs, builds, and modifies complex Tableau data sources - 30%
- Designs and builds complex Tableau dashboards spanning a variety of departmental data sets - 30%
- Partners with and influences internal customers in identifying the right questions and architecting systems and processes to produce the right data in the right form - 10%
- Mentors junior engineers, serving as a role model they can aspire to be - 10%
- Enforces data-governance for existing sources and ensures that it is a priority for emerging data sources - 10%
- Displays extreme passion for data and problem solving – is driven to ask the right questions and surface up business insights
- Experience working with a SaaS or subscription-based software company
- Experience with Snowflake
- Advanced knowledge of Salesforce.com
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Works efficiently under pressure and meets deadlines while balancing multiple projects and multiple stakeholders
- Experience in a customer (internal or external) facing role
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, math/statistics/data science, or similar discipline
- 3 years equivalent work experience
- Advanced Tableau skills
- Advanced database skills (Snowflake, SQL, other)