Global Regulatory Lead - Trace 20-0679
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
Relativity Trace is an early-stage business within Relativity that’s bringing a best-in-class communication surveillance platform to the global market. Our team’s vision is to build a world free of professional misconduct. Our platform is going to help us achieve our vision.
Trace is the most flexible communication surveillance platform allowing compliance teams to have full control over how they monitor risk. It leverages innovative artificial intelligence to supplement compliance team capabilities to reduce false positive alerting and increase efficiency.
We are searching for a Global Regulatory Lead on the Relativity Trace team. As the Global Regulatory Lead, you will own our critical relationship with regulators around the world, evangelizing Trace and ensuring they are aware of our progress. You will also be responsible for regulatory content that positions Relativity Trace as a thought leader in the market.
- Own Relativity Trace’s relationship with regulators globally and get them to use Trace
- Monitor and interpret all regulatory developments
- Be a market facing thought leader and run programs with compliance executives
- Create regulatory and subject matter content
- Industry Press and Analyst Relations
Responsible for evangelizing Trace with the regulator community ensuring that they are aware of our product and our innovation that supports their missions. In this capacity, the Head of Regulatory Intelligence is also responsible for bridging the gap between the investigatory teams at regulators that buy and use Relativity for eDiscovery and their counterparts responsible for surveillance, and identifying potential opportunities to leverage those relationships. Create Regulator Symposium where Relativity presents content, roundtable and client case studies.
Regulatory changes have implications for the product, other teams, and clients. Use these changes to develop content that generates leads. Provide a broad summary of major changes (regulations, enforcement cases, themes in compliance, guidance) to various internal teams including their implications for our business. Support product, marketing, and sales to understand the needs and demands of clients and prospects from a regulatory perspective. Forecast where regulatory change is ahead and how it will impact clients and our business.
Set up a roundtable series for influential surveillance heads to facilitate sharing of best practice seeded with existing clients to help transition new clients. Attend industry events and participate on industry panels representing Relativity Trace.
Generate a regular set of regulatory and industry specific short-form and long-form content. Be a regular contributor to the Relativity blog.
Working with specialist journalists, industry analysts, and industry publications to get relevant coverage in industry and national press.
- 7+ years of Compliance experience, including global regulations around Market Abuse and Conduct Risk within financial institutions
- Demonstrated ability to create regulatory thought leadership
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience advising and/or building world-class monitoring and surveillance programs within financial services organizations
- Understanding of different enterprise communication platforms (Bloomberg Chat, IceChat, email, Teams, etc.) and how risk factors change across channels
- Understanding of risks and regulations across geographies (EMEA, US, APAC)
- Experience working with regulators on proof of surveillance inquiries
- Ability to break down risk into an objective, components, examples, etc. and develop a strong perspective on how to accurately identify that risk
- Experience defining requirements and specifications that are used by engineering teams
- Familiarity with complex enterprise applications
- At least three years working in the surveillance industry (as a consultant, compliance/surveillance officer, attorney or former regulator)
- Practical experience advising or implementing controls to comply with global Market Abuse and Conduct Risk regulations