International Finance Director EMEA - Remote
Are you looking for a hybrid or remote work opportunity? Are you interested in a workplace that allows for flexibility in your day? Are you ready for a workplace that provides benefits that suit your needs?
As Director, International Accounting, you will grow a high-performing team and be responsible for directing international accounting, finance and compliance operations for specified EMEA countries, including Poland and Germany. Partnering with the US CFO team (Accounting, Finance and Procurement), you will ensure the highest level of service and timely completion of month-end close tasks, vendor payments, employee reimbursements, customer billing, budgeting and long-range planning support. This position will collaborate with stakeholders across the Company to document and improve standard operating policies and procedures, implement SOX compliant internal controls and establish efficient and scalable financial, audit and tax processes to support Relativity’s international growth.
The Director, International Accounting will report to the Senior Director, Accounting Operations in the US. You will interact regularly with employees, vendors, outside accounting firms and auditors and work collaboratively with functional leads within the US Accounting Operations, Finance and Procurement teams.
Your Role in Action
- Manage, hire, mentor and develop international accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and finance team
- Direct the monthly close process for select countries and review or prepare monthly journal entries, account reconciliations and variance analysis while ensuring accuracy and adherence to US GAAP
- Direct and manage 3rd party accounting service providers to ensure accuracy of statutory accounting and reporting requirements
- Manage regulatory compliance and statutory audits, prepare financial statements, and support the annual corporate audit
- Support US Finance team by leading international budgeting and forecasting processes and performing ad-hoc analysis for decision making
- Provide senior leadership with information, metrics and counsel to manage the business and achieve corporate goals
- Design, implement and maintain efficient operating processes and SOX compliant internal controls
- Oversight of international tax and international filings, in partnership with US tax team and supported by 3rd party advisors
- Ensure compliance with all country, regional and local corporate, payroll, and other applicable taxes and regulations.
- Provide cash flow forecasting and foreign exchange management support to Treasury
- Manage local government grants
Your Skills and Qualifications
- 10+ years of related managerial accounting experience in an international multi-company environment
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Fluent in English (Polish or German is a plus)
- Highly energetic, motivational, hands-on leader with experience developing and supporting a team
- Adaptable to changing priorities and evolving responsibilities
- Ability to interact in a highly professional, collaborative manner with all levels of personnel, both internal and external to the organization, possessing solid customer service, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in a SOX compliant environment, a plus
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS andlocal statutory reporting requirements in various EMEA countries
- Accounting qualification (ACCA, CPA, CIMA) preferred
Relativity is a diverse workplace with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they're empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
Parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
Flexible work arrangements
Two, week-long company breaks per year
Unlimited time off
Long-term incentive program
Training investment program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.