Specialist, Public Relations
Here at Relativity we prioritize flexibility and work-life harmony. Our Hybrid work environment provides options tailored to your role and location, aiming to enhance engagement, connectivity, and productivity.
Join us to experience a culture of collaboration and innovation, where connecting in-person adds value to our collective growth. Let's work together!
The Specialist, Public Relations will help implement global PR strategies and frameworks to elevate Relativity’s reputation through targeted messaging, advancing relationships with key external stakeholders, and positively influencing public perception. Partnering with PR colleagues and key stakeholders and subject matter experts across the business, this role will cultivate overall awareness and credibility of the Relativity brand through scaling public and media relations efforts.
The role will sit within Relativity’s Marketing Department, specifically aligned to the Public Relations team, and report to the Manager, Public Relations.
This is a hybrid role based out of Chicago. To be eligible, please ensure you can commute to our Chicago office two days a week at 231 S La Salle Street, Chicago, IL 60604.
Your Role In Action
- Support implementation of global media relations, public relations, and crisis communication strategies.
- Engage directly with media outlets across the full range of mainstream and trade media through media pitching.
- Secure and staff media interviews. Help spokespeople prepare for media interviews through leading media trainings, developing talking points and writing media briefing guides.
- Write press releases, statements, byline articles and other PR materials that reflect the company’s key messages.
- Cultivate and maintain strong rapport with key industry reporters.
- Help Relativity achieve recognition in winning high-profile workplace and industry product awards.
- Help track key performance indicators, media placements, and contribute to producing regular reports using marketing analytics tools like, Cision and PRNewswire.
- Partner with other teams in the organization to ensure strategic alignment, advocating for best practices and demonstrating the impact of the PR and broader Corp Comms team.
- Scale media relations and PR efforts across affiliated companies and into various geographies.
- Demonstrate consistent commitment to core company values.
- Support communication and promotional efforts for Relativity marketing events and other high-priority industry trade events.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- 2-3 years of experience in corporate communications, public relations, media relations and/or related discipline
- Ability to write clearly, concisely and creatively
- Experience in media relations (media pitching, staffing media interviews)
- Familiarity with AP Style writing
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including the ability to interact with and work closely with senior executives
- Plans organizes, schedules, and tracks activity with a focus on measurable results
- Relativity is committed to competitive, fair, and equitable compensation practices.
- This position is eligible for total compensation which includes a competitive base salary, an annual performance bonus target of 10%, and long-term incentives. The expected salary range for this role is between $61,000 and $75,000. The final salary offered will be based on several factors, including but not limited to the candidate's depth of experience, skill set, qualifications, and internal pay equity. Hiring at the top end of the range would not be typical, to allow for future meaningful salary growth in this position.