Manager, Software Engineering - DevOps 20-0433
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
The Manager of Software Engineering will be responsible for leading multiple highly effective teams in the development and delivery of Relativity’s deployment and automation pipelines. This individual will be the subject matter expert for the frameworks, processes, and technology that enables engineering staff to quickly verify their code and create releasable deliverables; while also evolving the department processes and providing professional development for their employees.
- Serve as technology advisor and subject matter expert to the business on all aspects of RelativityOne deployment, automation, and general CI/CD
- Mentor the professional development of each direct report through personal and performance management
- Give engineers the tools, confidence, and motivation to make independent decisions and drive your team's success
- Ensure the team is aligned with Relativity's goals and objectives and understands how their work fits into the bigger picture
- Implement the DevOps roadmap and measure success via key performance indicators agreed with other Engineering Managers
- Research, gather feedback, and help build momentum for change within the organization as we move to a SaaS environment
- Gather product & business requirements, gut check new ideas and proposals, balance tech-debt and delivery of product functionality
- Source engineering talent and be comfortable closing candidates
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years managing a team of at least 5 engineers
- 5-10 years of relevant individual contributor experience
- 3+ years with C#, Jenkins, Chef
- 3+ years managing Windows servers
- Expertise using Git from the command line without a GUI
- Highly technically proficient in at least one discipline of backend systems, distributed systems, web engineering or data science
- Experience applying CI/CD successfully in a variety of large-scale environments.
- Ability to clearly articulate desired outcomes and lead engineers to developing simple solutions to complex problems
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated cross-team collaboration with peers, Product Managers, and other disciplines