Software Architect - Cloud
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
Responsible for engineering large scale enterprise solutions by leading software engineers and working with other organizational leaders to provide for the needs of the department, meet our product goals, and provide the best services to our customers.
The Architect is responsible for delivering results for the Engineering department by:
- Working closely with one or more Scrum teams
- Having an in-depth technical understanding of one or more application areas
- Understanding our client’s needs and product requirements by working with Product Managers
- Understanding and clearly articulating the vision for a solution to key stakeholders
- Identifying and ensuring resolution of possible technical implications of each release
- Actively participating in the engineering process
- Maintaining a backlog of tools or technology enhancements that will improve the maintainability and quality of our code and the pace of development.
- Define, document, and communicate the architecture and its evolution
- Make sure everyone is using the proposed architecture correctly and identify & control exceptions
- As big bang approaches seldom work, plan for incremental or evolutional architectural rollout
- Communicate system architecture and high-level designs and make sure they are in sync
- Act as an evangelist of the company and the product architecture
- Communicate the Architecture to key stakeholders and make sure they understand it
- Utilize techniques such as modeling, POC etc. to ascertain key goals such as performance, security, etc. are going to be met
- Provide input as needed to issues like tool and environment selection
- Resolve technical problems, disputes and make tradeoffs
- Understand and plan for evolutionary paths and plan for new technology insertion
- Identify, quantify risk and communicate risk mitigation strategies associated with the architecture
- Be a Domain Expert in one or more areas of the Product, Architecture or Process
- Interact with PM and Engineering Managers to vet requirements and high- level scope of effort
- 10+ years of software development of commercial-grade systems and applications with a proven track record of building and leading successful engineering teams
- Excellent knowledge of the new technology trends and its applications for the new products in the market place.
- Excellent Knowledge of Software Engineering Discipline, including hands-on knowledge of Latest Programming Languages, Cloud Technologies, Object-Oriented Programming, High-Performance, Fault-tolerant Distributed Systems, Data Structures and Algorithms, Operating Systems, Distributed DBMS and DB modeling and access languages.
- Proven experience assessing business requirements
- Highly effective systemic thinking skills
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration
- Strong leadership skills, ability to perform under the pressure and deliver complex technical solutions
- Superior communication skills with proven ability to relate with both technical and business professionals
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related disciplines