We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
As a Lead Accountant, you will be responsible for contributing to Relativity’s day-to-day and month-end accounting activities, specifically focusing on supporting all aspects of the accounting and financial reporting cycles. The Lead Accountant works under general direction of managers and senior team members.
- Prepare journal entries in accordance with US GAAP, including but not limited to month-end activity, intercompany consolidations, and M&A activity
- Prepare software capitalization review and calculations for various entities
- Prepare regular account reconciliations and perform account analyses to determine trends, fluctuations, and errors
- Support the mid-month and month-end closing reporting process
- Lead monthly financial statement reviews and EBITDA analysis
- Work closely with the Technical Accounting & Reporting team to provide analysis on monthly close activities
- Assist in the implementation of new accounting policies
- Support compliance of internal controls in accordance with US GAAP and company accounting policies
- Support the recording of transactions and reporting for international entities in accordance with country-specific requirements
- Determine and implement process efficiencies
- Lead quarterly, interim, and annual audit efforts with external auditors
- Lead special projects and take on additional accounting responsibilities as they arise
- Licensed CPA is preferred
- Excellent knowledge of GAAP and familiarity of expense recognition guidelines
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and meet deadlines
- Detail-oriented and works well in a fast-paced environment
- Exercise good judgment, respect colleagues, and work with integrity
- Ability to quickly learn new technology; experience with Intacct, Adaptive Insights, and SalesForce a plus
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Business or related discipline
- Minimum 6+ years of accounting experience