Counsel, Commercial Transaction
Are you looking for a hybrid or remote work opportunity? Are you interested in a workplace that allows for flexibility in your day? Are you ready for a workplace that provides benefits that suit your needs?
The Commercial Counsel, Legal, works under the Sr. Managing Counsel, Legal.
Primary Objective: Draft, review and negotiate sales transactions, with a major emphasis on outbound software, SaaS and hybrid agreements, government technology procurement contracts, and periodically update forms, clauses, strategies and processes.
Secondary Objective: Handle requests relating to our agreements and forms and provide advice to varied stakeholders throughout the company, including our sales, product, marketing, education, training and certification teams.
Your Role In Action
- Be a trusted resource for customer transaction and technology-related legal work by reviewing and negotiating outbound software, SaaS and hybrid agreements, including government technology procurement contracts. Related tasks include communicating deadlines, requirements, and issues with the sales, finance, security, IT and privacy teams; engaging with internal and outside counsel on contract review; managing stakeholder and customer communications.
- Be a reliable legal partner to our internal stakeholders by providing strategic legal advice and business counsel,as well as quickly and accurately responding to and negotiating a challenging volume of contracts –with issues ranging from straight-forward to complex.
- Be a key resource for the public sector sales team, to assist them in scaling public sector sales growth, including providing counsel on, and negotiation of contracts with regard to, a variety of federal, state and local regulations and licensing issues.
- Suggest and work on improvements in processes, e.g. new standard forms or variations to enhance efficiency.
- Provide product advisement and input to business teams and stakeholders on framework for scalability and growth in compliance with obligations to clients and applicable law.
- Assist as time permits and needs arise in supporting the Procurement Counsel in the review and negotiation of vendor contracts, which may include enterprise-wide compliance as well as strategic marketing contracts.
- Participate in our internal approval workflow system, prioritize contracts, and respond to questions from stakeholders and clients.
- Skilled knowledge working with MSFT Office, Salesforce and Contract Management software.
- Legal degree (licensed attorney-at-law or admitted solicitor) with good grades from a good school
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Intelligence, flexibility, creativity, diligence, responsiveness, and strong communications skills.
- Reasonable exposure to computer and software technology concepts.
- Solid proficiency with MS Office, Salesforce, and Contract Management Software
- 4 to 6 years of high-quality relevant experience in house and in a law firm.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Intelligence, flexibility, creativity, diligence, resourcefulness, responsiveness, and strong communications skills.
- Required: Trained in and experience with contract negotiations, including commercial contracts, SaaS contracts, government technology procurement contracts, and related services and support agreements.
- Required: Complex software, SaaS and hybrid cloud agreements, master agreements, professional services agreements and software development agreements.
- Desirable but not required:Basic knowledge of data privacy laws and practices in a SaaS context involving the security and processing of customer data that may include personal information.
- Desirable but not required: Experience with government technology procurement contracting, including at state, federal and local levels, and with regard to GSA, SEWP, and FAR; basic knowledge of FedRAMP and application to SaaS offerings and operations.
- Desirable but not required: Understanding of software development, computer technology, SaaS infrastructure and services, open-source communities, and intellectual property concepts and laws.
- JD degree from an accredited law school and license to practice in the United States
- Ability to research and analyze legal issues
- Solid proficiency with MS Office and legal research platforms and tools; Familiarity with Salesforce and Asana. Willingness to learn how to utilize Contract Management Software
- Relativity is committed to competitive, fair and equitable compensation practices.
- This position is eligible for total compensation which includes a competitive base salary, annual performance bonus target of 10%, and long-term incentives. The expected salary range for this role is between $136,000 and $184,000. The final offered salary will be based on several factors, including but not limited to the candidate’s depth of experience, skill set, qualifications, and internal pay equity. Hiring at the top end of the range would not be typical, to allow for future meaningful salary growth in this position.
Relativity is a diverse workplace with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they're empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
Parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
Flexible work arrangements
Two, week-long company breaks per year
Unlimited time off
Long-term incentive program
Training investment program
Transparency in Coverage Information
The Transparency in Coverage Final Rule requires disclosure of the negotiated rates with in-network providers and the historic allowed amounts paid to out-of-network providers, for all health plans available to employers. Files containing this information for the plans covered are published on this page.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.