Manager Software Engineering (Remote) (Ingestion team)
Are you looking for a hybrid or remote work opportunity? Are you interested in a workplace that allows for flexibility in your day? Are you ready for a workplace that provides benefits that suit your needs?
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
If you're interested in learning more about our benefits, click here.
Here are some details about the Position and its Responsibilities:
- As Software Engineering Manager, your major responsibility is to build and lead a highly effective team of software engineers. As well as the professional development of your reports while being the subject matter expert for the product features the team is involved in.
- To achieve the above you will be given space for decision making aligned with responsibility regarding your team and how you, as a team, work to achieve your objectives. To help you succeed, you will be provided with mentoring and coaching by your supervisor.
- In Ingestion group, you will be responsible for success of a Scrum team and its members, by applying Agile principles and your own energy and effort. It is on you to decide on:
- - allocating your team members effort based on requests from organization,
- - how to manage a team of individual contributors to complete necessary work of your Scrum teams,
- - whom to hire to your teams and how to evaluate your team members performance,
- - how your team is working out best solutions (lead your team leads and architects),
- - how to promote high performance culture and cost effectiveness across the entire team.
- To help your subordinates succeed, you need to provide ongoing employee development activities to be efficient operating their function and rise. Specific activities associated with this area of responsibility are:
- Conduct one-on-one meetings to understand how their direct report is doing, any problems they are encountering, any roadblocks or issues they need help with, how they are doing on their Scrum team, etc. In other words, engage the employee and see what advice, counsel help, feedback, or encouragement they need
- Promote sharing of domain expertise and knowledge across the team
- Provides technical leadership and expertise about the feature set or domain supported by their team
- Provide counsel to their direct reports regarding career development
- Represent their direct reports in discussions about prospective moves, future assignments, career opportunities, etc.
- Share information about the company, the industry, the department, major initiatives, etc., and addresses related questions
- Support you by leading special projects and/or providing input regarding possible process improvements, organization changes, resource needs, etc.
- Serve as technology advisor to the business on all aspects of software technology trends and novel solutions specific to their respective domain or feature set. Stay on the top of the latest technological progress and use this knowledge to ensure company products and software solutions remain marketable and competitive
- Maintain hands-on technical expertise by making technical contributions to the software design, development and integration of applications and systems through the Scrum team construct
- Use independent judgment to develop strategic vision within their specific feature set or domain
- Implement operational policies and directives
We do enjoy working with smart people and having fun building something great. We are, and expecting you to be versatile, displaying leadership qualities and being enthusiastic about tackling new problems across the full stack as we continue to push technology forward.
You are welcome to talk to us and check it out. Worst-case scenario, you find out all the things we say are true and you are a perfect fit and then you don’t take the offer. Can we ask you to share this offer to your friends, co-workers or anyone you think may fit? Don’t be afraid of them stealing this job, if you are fit to our way of doing the things and are smart, we will find you the place. We are growing our company with multiple open positions available.
- Positive attitude
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related disciplines
- 8+years of software development of commercial-grade systems and applications with a proven track record of building and leading successful engineering teams
- Compensation Relativity is committed to competitive, fair and equitable compensation practices.
- This position is eligible for total compensation which includes a competitive base salary, annual performance bonus target of 10%, and long-term incentives. The expected salary range for this role is between 255 000 and 345 000 PLN gross/year (Employment Contract). The final offered salary will be based on several factors, including but not limited to the candidate’s depth of experience, skill set, qualifications, and internal pay equity. Hiring at the top end of the range would not be typical, to allow for future meaningful salary growth in this position.
Relativity is a diverse workplace with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they're empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
Comprehensive health plan
Flexible work arrangements
Two, week-long company breaks per year
Unlimited time off
Long-term incentive program
Training investment program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.