Technical Product Manager - 20-0592
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
The Technical Product Manager (TPM) is a mid-level role with a strong technical background who is confident and well-informed by data. They form close working relationships with their teams, product engineering, infrastructure, and security teams as well as works closely with delivery teams to continue to evolve engineering efficiency. The TPM will own certain aspects of the product suite and is able to provide product vision, create a roadmap, and bring a product to life. TPM understands the company’s technology at a deep level and can interact with the feature, platform, delivery and engineering operations (EOPS) teams to lead the strategy for the product. The TPM keeps customer focus, drives a vision, and ensure the product meets the end user and organizational needs.
A big part of the TPM role is to take customer (business, stakeholder, end user) requirements and translate them into technical requirements. The TPM identifies customer needs, develop strategies to meet customer demands, work with the necessary departments to implement the latest technology, and monitor progress. They often work with either a development manager or the development team to come up with estimates, dependencies, and difficulty of work. TPMs are able to properly assess whether engineering estimates are correct, review technical specifications, architecture and networking plans, and participate in security, scalability and infrastructure activities.
The TPM must stay on top of technological advancement in order to optimize product creation. Provide input in researching new technological trends along with architects as well as certain types of competitive analysis in order to figure out how to integrate them into their products. They will communicate this up-to-date knowledge during monthly, quarterly, and yearly reviews with CPO, CIO and CTO, helping them to understand technical challenges that the company may be facing and giving them the insight to make educated decisions.
- Uncover and understand customer needs and translate them into requirements.
- Incorporate the findings from the analysis, including risks, based on the data to drive the decision for prioritization.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and other TPMs within Engineering Operations and Engineering Product Delivery to include all aspects of the development ecosystem.
- Ensure “what” and “why” of the problem is well understood and value is delivered each iteration by effectively interacting with developers through participation in Scrum activities.
- Continuously prioritizes the product backlog and ensures stories are prepared with description and acceptance criteria prior to refinement sessions.
- Explore new ways of improving existing services and products.
- Subject matter expert on competitive analysis and technical challenges.
- Present innovative product solutions.
- Reviews support queues and is one step ahead to ensure smooth productivity flow (3 Month Release Forecast, 1 Year Roadmap Planning).
- Ability to work well with internal teams, including developers, engineers, architects, security, and operations. Ensure requirements are fully understood and that implementation plans match expectations.
- Coordinate beta tests.
- Define success criteria for testing and product acceptance criteria.
- Coordinate product releases with development teams.
- Responsible for ensuring value is delivered by accepting stories as done and reports on product development progress.
- Facilitate the creation and maintenance of proper product documentation.
- Answer incoming questions about the product and its capabilities.
- Serve as a product evangelist and subject matter expert to the developer community with the ability to provide internal training on how to use the product.
- Subject matter expert in how the product is used by the end user and continues to interact with the end user to deeply understand their pain points, workflow, and business.
- Good English language skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, has an Agile mindset through all aspects of work.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with strong facilitation and inquiry skills.
- 3+ years working in a technology industry or 3+ years of professional experience that clearly demonstrates the ability of communication, collaboration, prioritization skills and will definitely need to be able to speak to basic product concepts and walk in with a hit-the-ground-running attitude.
- Ability to work with non-technical clients in a consultative capacity to quickly learn new concepts and provide software solutions using effective verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills.
- Strong understanding of agile/scrum values and principles
- Microsoft tech stack knowledge including Azure Cloud
- Experience with road mapping, product backlog, and analytical software