Manager Software Engineering - Platform
Are you looking for a hybrid or remote work opportunity? Are you interested in a workplace that allows for flexibility in your day? Are you ready for a workplace that provides benefits that suit your needs?
The Manager, Software Engineering builds and leads a team of software engineers, and working with departmental contacts to support the demands of the department and meet the goals of product development. The engineering manager oversees the professional development of their reports and is the expert for the product features they are involved in. This role will report into the Manager of Software Engineering.
The Relativity Platform team is looking for a manager to lead experienced Relativity developers to develop new features for the core aspects of the Relativity product. This deliverable provides core functionality upon which the rest of Relativity is based and an API for external developers to build their custom experience for their own users. We have multiple teams in this area which work on our Application Deployment System and Authentication, API framework, Service Host and Service Discovery, our Service Bus layer, Authorization model, and Relativity installer.
Your Role in Action
- Contribute to the product roadmap and used it to bring purpose to the team and their backlog
- Have the ability to scope and drive features and products, delivering updates
- Bring visibility through regular reporting
- Develop deep software product knowledge within their team's area of ownership
Make Effective Decisions
- Be accountable for and beyond the features your team develops
- Develop strategic vision within multiple feature sets or domains
- Implement operational policies and directives
- Validate resource use to assure efficient deployment of team members
- Solve unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires analysis of intangibles and providing direction on actions to be taken.
Promote Personal Development
- The Manager, Software Engineering manages the professional development of their team under them and is the expert for the product features they are involved in.
- You will work with your team to develop the talents of each team member
Build High-Performing Teams
- Build and lead a team of software engineers, and working with departmental contacts to support the demands of the department and meet the goals of product development.
- Keep your team's vision aligned with the bigger picture in mind
Align Goals with Strategy
- Be a technology advisor to the business on all aspects of software technology trends and novel solutions specific to their domain or feature set.
- Stay on top of the latest technological progress and use this knowledge to ensure company products and software solutions remain marketable
- Be an expert in your area of our product.
- Use long-term thinking to guide and develop your teams to help them meet overall product goals.
- Exercise a significant latitude in determining goals and approaches to essential assignments
- Think beyond the when creating solutions and considering the impact
- 4+ years of experience managing software product development teams
- In-depth knowledge of Agile product development methodologies
- Verbal, presentation, and written communications skills for all audiences
- 10+ years of software development of commercial-grade systems and applications with experience leading successful engineering teams
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering discipline, including the latest programming languages, object-oriented programming, hands-on architecture high-performance, fault-tolerant distributed systems, data structures and algorithms, operating systems, distributed database modeling and access languages, cloud environments such as SaaS
- Improve the team's resources to attain goals
- Motivate your team
Relativity is currently at a stage where we are looking for builders, not just operators. We have the capability to grow the business dramatically over the next 5-10 years and we need individuals to join our team to collectively propel us forward. We have a workplace where everyone can belong and we invest in our people so career progression inside or outside Relativity can be a reality. If this sounds like a place where you would like to be, we look forward to welcoming you.
Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
Parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
Flexible work arrangements
Two, week-long company breaks per year
Unlimited time off
Training investment program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.