Manager, Software Engineering (EOPS) 20-0433
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
The Manager, Software Engineering-DevOps is responsible for the professional development of their reports and is the subject matter expert for the tools development which they are involved in. The person in this role will manage the team within Krakow Engineering Operations department which works on the tools and processes that enable our DevOps culture by improving the CI/CD process, automating Azure Cloud infrastructure deployment, and developing team’s ability to work on code using OOP and secured software development lifecycle.
- Focus On Product Delivery
- Align Strategy and Goals
- Builds High Performing Teams and People
Collaborates with peers in Chicago to create the roadmap to build out the tools and processes to support the goals and use it to drive purpose for the team and backlog
Deliver results, within time and scope, and bring visibility through regular reporting
Display an ownership mindset and be accountable for the team’s deliverables.
Be a subject matter expert in Engineering Operations tools and services, for example, managing virtual images that developers use on their workstation, defining product development CI/CD process, overseeing virtual machine cost used in the CI/CD pipelines, and promoting automation of infrastructure deployment and services.
Insure the team is aligned with Relativity's goals and objectives and understands how their work fits into the bigger picture
Implement the teams’ roadmap and measure success via key performance indicators agreed with other Engineering Managers
Research, gather feedback, stay on the top of the latest technological progress and use this knowledge to innovate. Ensure tools and services meet the business needs and help build momentum for change within the organization.
Advocating the benefits of automation and CI/CD to foster a DevOps culture across the engineering organization
Mentor the professional development of each direct report through recurring performance management
Give engineers the tools, confidence, and motivation to make independent decisions and drive your team's success
Source engineering talent and be comfortable closing candidates
Implements operational policies and directives
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering discipline and in depth knowledge of agile product development methodologies
- Experience applying CI/CD successfully in a variety of large scale environments.
- Hands on technical experience in a variety of common CI/CD tools and technologies
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration
- Strong leadership skills – ability to motivate people, instill accountability, perform under the pressure and optimize the team's resources to attain the business goals
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written communications skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- 7 years of experience managing software product development teams
- 12+ years of software development of commercial-grade systems and applications with a proven track record of building and leading successful engineering teams