Advanced Thread View by KLDiscovery
Today’s businesses send massive amounts of electronic communications each and every day, and the vast majority of what makes up eDiscovery data stems from these communications. But even with modern threading technology, it is often difficult to handle these communications during the review phase. Advanced Thread View – a new application available only through KLDiscovery – provides a simple and effective way to review communications.
Simplify the review of communications – instantly visualize patterns, changes, and inconsistencies. Streamline review and produce more accurate work product.
Advanced Thread View amplifies how reviewers tackle communication data in Relativity. Using an intuitive, Outlook-style document list, users can quickly find and analyze key email communications in a familiar environment. Advanced Thread View automatically groups communications by conversation and provides dynamic visual cues allowing for faster review and more accurate work product. Advanced Thread View takes threading to the next level by visualizing commonalities, gaps, inconsistencies, participant changes, and coding patterns.
Benefits of Advanced Thread View include:
- Conversation visualization: Understand the relationship between messages and view an entire conversation in an efficient and familiar way
- Coding Indicators: Instantly view coding decisions across the conversation
- Attribute visualization: Sort and filter on a variety of fields to quickly drill-down to what is important
- Change in Subject: Follow along with previously confusing chains
- Participant changes: Who has joined or left the conversation
- Duplicates: Exclude duplicates to reduce conversation clutter
- Attachment: Detect when an attachment was added or removed from a conversation
- Missing Email: Identify when an email is missing from the collection
- Inclusive Email: Focus your review on inclusive emails to defensibly save time and money
- Quick QC: Quickly recognize coding inconsistencies with visual indicators