Employment Privacy Notice
Last Updated: July 2, 2021
What personal data do you collect on prospective Relativians?
Whether you apply to us directly through our website, an outside website, or if one of our recruiters reached out to you, then we will collect personal data about you, such as what you include on your CV, resume, application, or LinkedIn profile. We use this information to evaluate you throughout the recruitment process and it is only shared internally. We may also use the personal data you provide to evaluate you for other opportunities with Relativity.
We do not require sensitive personal data to evaluate your application, but if you provide us with such information, we may use it to help process your employment application and to comply with our legal obligations. For applicants within the US, we will ask you for certain sensitive data so that we can fully comply with our Equal Employment Opportunity requirements. If you do provide us with any sensitive personal information, you consent to us processing such information as described in this notice.
In compliance with our security protocols, we will require you to complete a background check upon being hired, or possibly during the recruitment process. Any applicable background check will be completed in accordance with applicable laws. Any information we acquire during your background check is used solely for employment purposes and will be kept confidential. If you fail to complete your background check or fail to supply the correct form, then we may, in accordance with applicable laws, stop considering your application or terminate your employment. Our background checks are carried out by a third-party provider and we ensure that both we and the third-party comply with all relevant laws in conducting any background check and handling of your personal data.
If you aren't offered a position with us, we may choose to retain your application information for up to three years after the application process is complete to consider you for other opportunities within Relativity you might be suited for. After that three years, we will delete your personal information if you haven't yet joined Relativity.
You have the right to send us a request to access, correct, delete, or limit the use and disclosure of your personal data in our possession and we will respond in accordance with the applicable requirements. If we cannot complete your request due to legal restrictions or because we cannot locate your data, we will let you know. These services are provided free of charge. Please contact us as indicated at the end of this notice, at email@example.com or submit a form via https://resources.relativity.com/gdpr-personal-data-inquiry.html.
What personal data do you hold about current Relativians?
When you join Relativity, we will ask you for additional information about you and your family. We only ask for this information as it is necessary to administer your benefits, payroll, and other essential functions. When you join us, we can provide you with further information on the processing of any information we collect for employment or benefits purposes.
Some of the information we might ask for includes:
- Contact information for your emergency contacts
- Your personal contact information (home address, telephone number, and alternative email)
- National Identification Numbers (to process taxes and government benefits)
- Personal financial data (for running payroll) Personal demographic information that you choose to provide, including audio visual (AV) and biometric data
Any information we collect about you during your employment follows the relevant law and we hold onto this information only if required by our compliance obligations. We use certain third-party providers to help us with our HR functions. More details of who we use and why will be provided to you when you join.
The security of your and Relativity’s data is of paramount importance to us. As an employee of Relativity and while using Relativity assets or applications, Relativity will monitor your usage to protect itself in accordance with applicable laws.
What personal data do you keep about former Relativians?
We hold your employee data file after you leave Relativity in accordance with our security certification and local legal requirements.
If you want to access, correct, delete, or limit the use and disclosure of your personal data in our possession, please contact us and we will respond with the applicable requirements. If we cannot delete your data because of legal restrictions, we will let you know. These services are provided free of charge. Please contact us as indicated at the end of this notice or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who can access your personal data?
We are the only owners of the personal data we collect. We only share and disclose your data in the following circumstances:
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such data to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, and hosting services. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Sites, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the Sites over time. This data may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Any third-party data processors that we engage are held to the same standards as our employees. At your request, we will let you know if any third-party data processors have used your data as part of an engagement with us. We do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your data with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Vital Interests and Legal Rights. We may disclose your data where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Compliance with Laws. We may disclose your data where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your data in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- With your Consent. We may disclose your personal data for any other purpose with your consent.
If a user elects to use their biometrics to access their Relativity device, they accept the risks associated with the storage and processing this information. Biometric data is encrypted locally on each device, is not accessible by Relativity, and is used solely for accessing a workstation. Biometric data is wiped with the rest of the workstation once the workstation is decommissioned or the employee leaves Relativity.
Is your data transferred internationally?
We are headquartered in the United States. Personal data may be accessed by us or transferred to us in the United States or to our affiliates elsewhere in the world. By providing us with personal data, please be aware that your data may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in the United States or to our affiliates elsewhere in the world, and by those third parties with whom we may share your personal data as described above.
For the purposes of European Directive 95/46/EC and applicable national implementing laws in your jurisdiction, we are a data controller with respect to your data, and we are a data processor with respect to our customers' data. Any personal data we collect is transferred in accordance with the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses. We have taken the necessary steps to implement the European Commission's Standard Contractual Clauses for transfers of personal data between our group companies and between us and our third-party providers, which require all such recipients to protect personal data that they process from the European Economic Area in accordance with European data protection laws.
If you have any inquiries about how we handle or transfer your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com
The security of your personal data is important to us. We have implemented appropriate technical and organization security measures designed to protect the security of any personal data we collect and process, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is one hundred percent secure, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Please contact us if you have any questions about security on our Websites.
Any changes to this notice will be posted here, along with the date of the last update.
Who can you contact to learn more?
Relativity ODA LLC
231 S LaSalle St.
Chicago IL 60604